Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2022, 10:27 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Some of those mentioned were yummy. Maybe some still are, I don't know. I am no longer crushing on anyone. LOL

Not many of my list are still alive. Michael York is and he is decent.....but well on his way to death warmed over. George Lazenby I guess is aging on the path that Hugh Hefner took. John Levene, Gary Myers, and Jon Kelley (assuming all alive) might be in that appearance state where I am not sure if I would let them touch me (bummer). David McCallum I haven't seen since VR.5 (I'll be damned before I willing watch NCIS) and as I recall, he's just older............... and not death warmed over like Bernie Kopell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 11:36 AM

15,641 posts, read 26,273,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Not many of my list are still alive. Michael York is and he is decent.....but well on his way to death warmed over. George Lazenby I guess is aging on the path that Hugh Hefner took. John Levene, Gary Myers, and Jon Kelley (assuming all alive) might be in that appearance state where I am not sure if I would let them touch me (bummer). David McCallum I haven't seen since VR.5 (I'll be damned before I willing watch NCIS) and as I recall, he's just older............... and not death warmed over like Bernie Kopell.
On NCIS, which I watch religiously, David McCallum does show up every once in a while. Often because it’s so easy to do, it’s like a zoom thing, but every once in a while he does a walk-through. So he is still mobile. And he looks like an older David McCallum. Aged well, appears natural. I’m not gonna bet the farm on that because if you find a surgeon who really does surgery well and judiciously, you can’t really tell if somebody’s had surgery.

Although in one of the early episodes, Kate actually asked Gibbs what Ducky looked like as a young man, and he replied, Illya Kuryakin… and she said Who?

Which made everybody who knew that reference laugh and laugh.

Old 01-20-2022, 11:52 AM

269 posts, read 481,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
Probably Robin on Batman.
I also thought the dad on Flipper was pretty cute.
My friends think I'm nuts when I tell them that my 1st crush was the dad on flipper, we must have the same taste

Old 01-20-2022, 12:00 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
On NCIS, which I watch religiously, David McCallum does show up every once in a while. Often because it’s so easy to do, it’s like a zoom thing, but every once in a while he does a walk-through. So he is still mobile. And he looks like an older David McCallum. Aged well, appears natural. I’m not gonna bet the farm on that because if you find a surgeon who really does surgery well and judiciously, you can’t really tell if somebody’s had surgery.

Although in one of the early episodes, Kate actually asked Gibbs what Ducky looked like as a young man, and he replied, Illya Kuryakin… and she said Who?

Which made everybody who knew that reference laugh and laugh.
Well, to each their own but, being nice about it, having worked with NIS (what NCIS was before) in reality, I have no interest to watch a show about them.

Curious in one way about the reference. As a child I wrote "novels" and I used Ilya for the name of one of my characters. Mom and older Brother said they figured that TV rather owned that name.

Things vary to what we reference. For example, I often say that a wrist dive computer looks like an Electracom......knowing quite well that most people will have no clue what I am talking about.

Getting back to Illya, I've seen Ed Bishop compared as a poor man's Peter Graves....and of course, that just one role he played and, to be fair, just the poster's one use interpretation.

BUT......then again.......tell me that someone looked like Mel Gibson's character in "Dangerous Weapon" and I could be lost, too. Ie, that "joke" in "Maverick (1994) was lost on me.

Old 01-20-2022, 12:04 PM

2,317 posts, read 1,153,831 times
The beautiful Natalie Wood.

Old 01-20-2022, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I'm a GenXer not a boomer but my first TV crush was Penny from Lost in Space. I would watch reruns of that show religiously just so I could see her. lol

In the later seasons of Lost In Space I started to notice that she was a pretty girl filling out her uniform very nicely. LOL!

Old 01-20-2022, 12:13 PM

616 posts, read 341,910 times
Sheri Lewis, hey I was jealous of Lamp Chop!

Old 01-20-2022, 12:40 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Kurt Russell, and decades later, he is still awesome! He played in the Disney movies like "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes", but my favorite is "Captain Ron". He was cute in the early days and just HOT later on (and still is).

Old 01-20-2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappy001 View Post
Sheri Lewis, hey I was jealous of Lamp Chop!

Yes, quite the beauty in her younger days.

Old 01-20-2022, 02:49 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,504,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Cheryl Ladd was and is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen period.

Donna Dixon, ( Ellie May Clampett) and Barbara Eden are also lovely.
Close, but Ellie May Clampett was played by Donna Douglas. And you're right, she was a cutie.
Donna Dixon is married to Dan Akroyd. Lucky man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement