Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 10:01 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Now, there's a question......did Farrah's poster fame start on Charlie's Angels....or was it before such as on her 6 Million Dollar Man appearances?

Speaking of posters from the past........Deborah Shelton's hot pink unitard poster has a spot on my dance room wall.

Just an anecdotal remark. I recall for some reason being in class in junior high so it would have been 73-76 and for whatever reason we were noting attractive people in class. Someone mentioned the girl in the Breck Commercial. Farrah Fawcett.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 12:20 PM

10,299 posts, read 6,818,131 times
As a young lad, it was Ginger.

Later, as I grew up, it was Mary Anne

Now, it's "Lovey" (Mrs. Howell III)

Old 01-21-2022, 12:48 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,275,685 times
It was definitely (and still is) Pete Duell of Alias, Smith and Jones. I was devastated when he committed suicide. I also loved the singer, Jim Croce.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:59 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,876,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Had that poster... who didn't!!!

I actually had a tshirt of that poster too.....wish I still had it probably worth a lot of money now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Now, there's a question......did Farrah's poster fame start on Charlie's Angels....or was it before such as on her 6 Million Dollar Man appearances?

Speaking of posters from the past........Deborah Shelton's hot pink unitard poster has a spot on my dance room wall.
Though quite young, I watched 6 Million Dollar Man (and had the action figure and accessories, etc.) and remember her on it but I think the poster was during the first season of Charlie's Angels

Old 01-21-2022, 01:09 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,387,108 times
Davy Jones of the Monkees and Paul McCartney. I was only 2 years old when the Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan in February, 1964 and still have vivid memories of the first time I saw Paul.

Old 01-21-2022, 01:14 PM

344 posts, read 416,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
It was definitely (and still is) Pete Duell of Alias, Smith and Jones. I was devastated when he committed suicide. I also loved the singer, Jim Croce.
OMG. I was a 9 year old gay boy(to be) when he died. Peter Duel was my first crush on an adult. I was also devastated.

My earliest non adult celebrity crushes were Brandon Cruz (Courtship of Eddy’s Father) and Jack Wild (HR Pufnstuf)

This was a great, nostalgic thread. I enjoyed reading all of the responses and it reminded me of a lot of celebrities I liked as a boy.

Old 01-21-2022, 01:19 PM

1,425 posts, read 663,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llep View Post
OMG. I was a 9 year old gay boy(to be) when he died. Peter Duel was my first crush on an adult. I was also devastated.

My earliest non adult celebrity crushes were Brandon Cruz (Courtship of Eddy’s Father) and Jack Wild (HR Pufnstuf)

This was a great, nostalgic thread. I enjoyed reading all of the responses and it reminded me of a lot of celebrities I liked as a boy.
Who's your friend when things get rough?
Lol. Yes, fun thread!

Old 01-21-2022, 01:26 PM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
I must make a confession: how I went from John Kay of Steppenwolf to Peter Noone (Herman of Herman's Hermits) inside of a couple years (high school) is something I still don't understand.

Old 01-21-2022, 01:27 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,969,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
........Though quite young, I watched 6 Million Dollar Man (and had the action figure and accessories, etc.) and remember her on it but I think the poster was during the first season of Charlie's Angels
Probably......of the three, Kate Jackson was the most successful at the time with two TV series (Dark Shadows, The Rookies) under her belt and lots of movies.

Jaclyn Smith had a collection of guest spots here and there.

Farrah had things like a spot on the Partridge Family (episode with Harry Morgan in a neck brace), Inside OUT (a Billy Daily series that didn't make), Myra Breckenridge, The Feminist and the Fuzz, Logan's Run, Harry O, 4 on the 6 M $ Man, a host of other guest spots, 7 other various movies.

My younger brother had her swimsuit poster......I had the Kate Jackson posters
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/kate-j...8705308988133/
https://iv1.lisimg.com/image/20336160/657full.jpg

Don't recall which one of us had the Jaclyn Smith one
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/80/25...f4aa62a7df.jpg
(boy, going down that memory lane is bound to trip the dreams soon!).

Back to Farrah......I don't recall my parents being that strict but they might have been.......my brother had her poster hanging in his closet...............

..........WAIT, now I remember! He put that poster up in his closet........to cover the hole he had shot in the wall with an arrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llep View Post
..........My earliest non adult celebrity crushes were Brandon Cruz (Courtship of Eddy’s Father) and Jack Wild (HR Pufnstuf)

That's a toughie for me because at that early age, we were restricted from TV. Officially, only 90 minutes a day and then just Lost in Space and The Addams Family. Non adult wise.......oooh, I would have to do a memory probe for that answer.

Old 01-21-2022, 02:28 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Blaze Starr, I was in love the first time I saw her perform when I was 17 or 18
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement