Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 11:59 AM
509 509 started this thread

6,321 posts, read 7,044,753 times

Advertisements

When I was 20 I wanted to smoke marijuana without fear of getting arrested. I had no need for pain-killers.

Now that I am 70 I can smoke all the marijuana I want without fear of getting arrested thanks to my government. But it lost it attraction due to wine.

I cannot however, get pain-killers for my pain.!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2024, 01:51 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
I get severe nausea with opiates.
Pot makes me too woozy.
pre Diabetic2 and sensitive to alcohol.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:18 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
I had to chuckle at that 509, for me it was back at ages 17-19, then I met my wife and gave it up. Today I have Stage 3 Kidney disease so can only take Tylenol for pain, and of course, at 71 I have pain somewhere most days.

Old 02-21-2024, 05:47 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
I don't think the answer about the government is possible in this forum for it is not P&OC.

As to pain, I don't know. When I broke my finger the other day, not too much pain at all. Every time there was the start of some, my Gate Theory conditioned system responded by sending a counter pulse down the line. I was amazed that it had become so automatic. But, there is a problem and limitation to that.

When I told one of my dentists about that ability. to turn pain off. he said it wasn't necessarily good for he would use my reports of pain to help in figuring out my problems when I saw him.

A limitation is that Gate Theory works great on spinal nerves but not as well on cranial nerves. When a dentist did under the gum work, I had to use the Advil but.....THAT STUFF WAS GREAT! It knocked that pain out flat. Of course, it might have been that it was my first time in using it as well.

Old 02-22-2024, 07:04 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I don't think the answer about the government is possible in this forum for it is not P&OC.

As to pain, I don't know. When I broke my finger the other day, not too much pain at all. Every time there was the start of some, my Gate Theory conditioned system responded by sending a counter pulse down the line. I was amazed that it had become so automatic. But, there is a problem and limitation to that.

When I told one of my dentists about that ability. to turn pain off. he said it wasn't necessarily good for he would use my reports of pain to help in figuring out my problems when I saw him.

A limitation is that Gate Theory works great on spinal nerves but not as well on cranial nerves. When a dentist did under the gum work, I had to use the Advil but.....THAT STUFF WAS GREAT! It knocked that pain out flat. Of course, it might have been that it was my first time in using it as well.
Might be the placebo affect. . .

Old 02-22-2024, 07:32 AM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
In my county, you’ll get at least 45 days in the jail for possession of half an ounce. Meanwhile, pills, meth, and fent are rampant. Be glad you live in a sane state

Old 02-22-2024, 09:48 AM

981 posts, read 541,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
When I was 20 I wanted to smoke marijuana without fear of getting arrested. I had no need for pain-killers.

Now that I am 70 I can smoke all the marijuana I want without fear of getting arrested thanks to my government. But it lost it attraction due to wine.

I cannot however, get pain-killers for my pain.!!!
I suggest you don't try to get pain killers from any establishment doctor, they will only give you opiods, which do a lot less for the pain and take away your cognition if used long term. Wine also does the same, if used to excess. Why doesn't marijuana help relieve your pain now?

Old 02-22-2024, 09:55 AM

1,204 posts, read 533,211 times
What is the source of your pain?

Old 02-22-2024, 12:10 PM

7,807 posts, read 3,810,565 times
Q: Why does my government NEVER listen to me??

To paraphrase a revered President,

"Ask not that your government listen to you; ask that you listen to your government."

Old 02-22-2024, 01:44 PM

3,097 posts, read 2,221,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
What is the source of your pain?
This thread belongs in POC but the the moderator did not agree. The OP's source of pain is the current government, of course. Whether the applicable policy originated with it or not is besides the point.

Does the government have a role in regulating opioids and other narcotics? I'd think yes. When the government makes policies, are the policies always the right answer in all situations? Not really. Should the government stop making policies? Not really.

We just came out of the opioid crises. That crisis, of course, was the fault of the government - not of the people overloading on opioids. Now, the government makes it harder to obtain them. That too has some (rightly) upset. This goes with the territory.

This is just life. Suck it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement