Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 12:35 PM

48 posts, read 189,448 times

Advertisements

Yes, we, too, are looking for communities that allow multiple cats in condos or townhouses. I would be grateful for any information on Florida condo complexes that are open to multiple cats. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 04:16 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
Not necessarily Katie. There are a lot of places where pets are allowed to enter with their owners - including restaurants and food service places. There are bakeries that create sweets for both people and their pets and yes, pets are welcome to come in.

I know it sounds like a violation of health code, but if that's what the business caters to, then that's what the business does.

I personally take my dog into Lowes and pet shops. In WV, the rule is any place that does not serve prepared or wrapped food, dogs can legally go in with their owners. But there was a program years ago that described the bakeries that catered to both people and their pets.
In West Virginia I cant even take my SERVICE DOG into the local Book store!!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 6,682 times
Kudos to you!!! I am a baby boomer still working full time in NYC but want to buy in a 55+ community in the Delray Beach, Boca or Boynton Beach area in Florida but no one accept pets.... I have dogs... they are my best friends... my kids are grown and gone - my husband is gone and my pets are my companions these days... I cannot afford a 500K place - more like a kings point, or century village would work do you have any suggestions.... Ellen

Old 04-04-2009, 03:42 AM

20 posts, read 132,855 times
Saddly Century Village Boca Raton does not allow any pets, not too sure about Kings Point if cats are allowed. I live in Delray Beach in Rainberry Bay mix of single family homes, villas & townhomes and pets are allowed. I think the rule is no more than 2 dogs over 20 lbs it is a 55+ community so prices have gone down, but not as low as Kings Point or Century Village Boca.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:04 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,257,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evita1323 View Post
Saddly Century Village Boca Raton does not allow any pets, not too sure about Kings Point if cats are allowed. I live in Delray Beach in Rainberry Bay mix of single family homes, villas & townhomes and pets are allowed. I think the rule is no more than 2 dogs over 20 lbs it is a 55+ community so prices have gone down, but not as low as Kings Point or Century Village Boca.
Another reason to have my own house without a situation where my neighbors can dictate what I can and can't do. Study after study shows that seniors who have pets live longer. These rules are the opposite of the living situations for senors they should be encouraging.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:46 AM

10 posts, read 31,391 times
This message if for Jay Daughtry.

I also am very interested to know if you ever finished your article on pet friendly retirement communities. We are in the process right now looking for a retirement home (probably SE Florida) It is really tough to find a place that will accept my 4 legged son. I would really love to read your article and would love to see this thread start up again.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:33 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,427,067 times
I googled.

There is a Jay Daughtry as Groupmaster (whatever that is) at
Retirement, Vacation Home, and Investment Properties Headquarters

There's a 'contact me' button.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:40 PM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
We travel quite a bit in our RV and have found almost all (except Sanibel/Captiva in FL) pet friendly. Many of these RV parks have permanent retirees and they all seem to have dogs.

There are some parks that refuse certain breeds (pitbulls, rottweillers).

Old 02-01-2011, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,315 times
have two small cats and am looking to purchase a 55+ town home or coop in the Del Ray/Sun City area

Old 07-12-2011, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,913 times
In Kalamazoo, MI, we have a 28-acre dog park called Meadow Run. There's plenty of grass and some shade, as well as a nice pond with beach grass on 2 sides and a fountain in the center. If you're traveling to/through Kalamazoo, bring all immunization papers. Pit bulls are not allowed, nor are aggressive dogs. There is a daily visit fee of $15; but it's well worth it. The park is staffed from early am until 8 pm. We've been traveling, and we've decided we're really spoiled by our fantastic (privately-owned) park!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement