Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,025,017 times

Advertisements

I ahte the ehat in the summer and I live in Texas. ist like a oven;dry ;dusty with it often blowing, Ok for a three day trip but otherwise nothing there for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 01:22 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,796,584 times
We're planning on a trip to Vegas late this year. Probably our usual week after Thanksgiving or the next one. We met a great couple on our last cruise that live in St. George, UT so we'll be driving up there for a day or two.

This one might be a longer-than-usual stay if we can time it right. Fly out, drive to St. George for a day or two (or three), then back to Vegas for our usual 4 day stay. We need to get back to the Valley of Fire, too. We didn't get to see the whole thing last time.

Have you been to McMullans on Tuesdays for the trivia? In addition there's great food and $2.00 beers if I remember correctly.

www.mcmullansirishpub.com
4650 West Tropicana Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89103-5249

Old 03-31-2010, 05:06 PM

11,179 posts, read 16,062,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Have you been to McMullans on Tuesdays for the trivia? In addition there's great food and $2.00 beers if I remember correctly.

Las Vegas, NV 89103-5249
That's just down the road from where I live, and my DW & I tried to make it our first stop on our St. Paddy's Day pub crawl, but they wanted a $25pp cover just to walk in the door at 2:00 in the afternoon. So we turned around and proceeded down to the Strip where we had a great time at a few different places. We spent most of our time at The Pub in the Monte Carlo: no cover, $2 drink specials, and a great Irish band playing from 4:00pm on. We spent less for the entire day then the $50 it would have cost just to walk into McMullan's.

That said, I have had a couple of people recommend McMullan's to me, so we will give it another try on a non special event day.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:07 PM

4,267 posts, read 11,445,843 times
We just got back from a trip to Sedona, Grand Canyon and Vegas. The western part of the country is truly beautiful - I was in awe of the beauty of the canyon and Sedona. Vegas just didn't do it for me, but admittedly, we only saw the "main drag" which wasn't our cup of tea. I wish we had gotten to see more of the area.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:43 AM

183 posts, read 352,594 times
Quote:
We're planning on a trip to Vegas late this year. Probably our usual week after Thanksgiving or the next one. We met a great couple on our last cruise that live in St. George, UT so we'll be driving up there for a day or two.

This one might be a longer-than-usual stay if we can time it right. Fly out, drive to St. George for a day or two (or three), then back to Vegas for our usual 4 day stay. We need to get back to the Valley of Fire, too. We didn't get to see the whole thing last time.

Las Vegas, NV 89103-5249

I love McMullens!! I happen to travel down there on Tuesdays and we have participated in the pub quiz many times. It is a lot of fun, though we are always in the middle of the pack. My wife always wants to go there when we go there for pleasure. She loves the Irish nachos. I love the Smithwick's on tap.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:16 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,796,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
That's just down the road from where I live, and my DW & I tried to make it our first stop on our St. Paddy's Day pub crawl, but they wanted a $25pp cover just to walk in the door at 2:00 in the afternoon. So we turned around and proceeded down to the Strip where we had a great time at a few different places. We spent most of our time at The Pub in the Monte Carlo: no cover, $2 drink specials, and a great Irish band playing from 4:00pm on. We spent less for the entire day then the $50 it would have cost just to walk into McMullan's.

That said, I have had a couple of people recommend McMullan's to me, so we will give it another try on a non special event day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishnevada View Post
I love McMullens!! I happen to travel down there on Tuesdays and we have participated in the pub quiz many times. It is a lot of fun, though we are always in the middle of the pack. My wife always wants to go there when we go there for pleasure. She loves the Irish nachos. I love the Smithwick's on tap.
Sounds to me like we have a trivia team in the making. Perhaps we can meet there when we come to LV later this year and make an evening of it!

Old 04-01-2010, 11:34 AM

183 posts, read 352,594 times
Quote:
Sounds to me like we have a trivia team in the making. Perhaps we can meet there when we come to LV later this year and make an evening of it!
Unfortunatly (well not really), this all ends in June when I retire. No more business trips to Vegas. Though I will be retired, semi-retired anyway, so it probably works out for the best. Sounds like a great idea though. The wife and I will probably go to Vegas once or twice a year minimum, more when the kids go off to college.

There is no cover at McMullens usually. It's pretty reasonable, but definatley more money than you will pay on the Strip. Still its worth an occasional visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement