Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:10 AM

77 posts, read 187,618 times

Advertisements

I have tried at home, and one of the hardest things is finding the right ingredients. I have potato pancakes, but I have yet to find good spatzle or a good breading for Schnitzle. I also miss currywurst and good brötchen. I wasn't necessarily looking for a restaurant, a good German deli or a place that carried German ingredients was really what I was looking for, but some very nice people are suggesting restaurants as well. I can cook German good, but I miss certain things...I'm sure you understand!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makolly View Post
Check out Euroguild Distributors, Inc. - Specialty German and Central European Food
It's a German deli in Walpole, MA. It's just off of 95 on Route 1 so it would be an easy drive for you from Providence. My mother in law is from Germany and she loves this place.
I went on their website and it looks FANTASTIC ! I am planning a trip out there this weekend, but I will call for their hours first.
Thank you!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 08:12 PM

1,549 posts, read 3,054,996 times
For those interested, this Saturday the Emmanuel Lutheran Church in West Warwick is having a Smorgasborg. Not sure of the hours and I have never been to it.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,140 times
I wish I saw this sooner, it could have saved you alot of time. Chef-a-roni in e.greenwich has almost everything I've ever needed for German foods. Don't let the name fool you.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:26 AM

5 posts, read 6,954 times
Hi,
U should try geiers-sausage and German-Deli.

[url=http://www.uniquehinges.com]Hinges & Latches | Hinges & Latches[/url]

Old 05-17-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsuji View Post
Hi,
U should try geiers-sausage and German-Deli.

Hinges & Latches | Hinges & Latches
I have tried German Deli, but what kills me are the shipping prices You might only have $25 worth of food, but then they want to charge you $18 to get it. Crazy!
I will try geiers as well and see how that works out.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island