Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:17 AM

564 posts, read 1,878,815 times

Advertisements

Bill,

Terribly sorry things didn't work out.

Best of luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 08:16 PM

212 posts, read 415,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryDude View Post
Bill,

Terribly sorry things didn't work out.

Best of luck
What a way fate has with messing with us. I interviewed with and accepted a job offer from Boeing in South Carolina two weeks ago. Just waiting for a start date from them. Suspect it will be within the next month.
THIS is going to be one fun job. I worked on aircraft in the Navy and now I get to do it again building them. As I look back at the debacle earlier this year I think it was a blessing things ended the way they did. I enjoyed my short time up there but I guess the south is really where my heart is and where it seems I'm destined to stay. Thanks.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Sure would be nice if Citizens would reimburse TiGator at least half of his $3,000 expenses for them to "test" him. For a man out of work with a wife and children, that is a large expense for just a few weeks. We wish him well.
Update: It's been 3 1/2 months and I've seen neither hair nor hide of ANY money from anyone up there to help cover my expenses, nor have I seen any of the $1600 in airline tickets that THE JUDGE GROUP in PROVIDENCE wholeheartedly promised would reimburse me for. They even took an expense report from me without a whimper. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I promise you one thing I've been taken advantage of by greedy companies for the last time!

BTW, I only started working again a month ago as well.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:41 PM

688 posts, read 2,134,315 times
Good luck with the Boeing job. Do me a favor and increase seat pitch while you're working on those planes!

Old 06-23-2011, 06:53 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Glad to here things finally fell into place for you. Fate is a funny thing.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:30 PM

1,549 posts, read 3,053,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGator View Post
Update: It's been 3 1/2 months and I've seen neither hair nor hide of ANY money from anyone up there to help cover my expenses, nor have I seen any of the $1600 in airline tickets that THE JUDGE GROUP in PROVIDENCE wholeheartedly promised would reimburse me for. They even took an expense report from me without a whimper. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I promise you one thing I've been taken advantage of by greedy companies for the last time!

BTW, I only started working again a month ago as well.
I am more than willing to pound on their door in your behalf!!! Hope you are rooting for the South Carolina baseball team. Two of their members are from Rhode Island and helped lead them to the National Championship last year and hopefully this year.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:35 PM

570 posts, read 1,152,939 times
It's not fun driving a rwd in December up there.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:05 PM

102 posts, read 393,197 times
I followed your posts at the start of the year and even mentioned your shoddy treatment to the branch manager at the Hoxsie branch of Citizens where I had a couple of accounts. The problem is that the BIG banks are ruthless and really prove the biblical adage that "Love of money is the root of all evil."

Citizens was ok when it was locally owned but I didn't like the bank after RBS and Larry Fink took over. I betcha you will do just fine at Boeing in South Carolina. I sure do hope so.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Glad to here things finally fell into place for you. Fate is a funny thing.
Thanks!

Yes it can be.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2448 View Post
I am more than willing to pound on their door in your behalf!!! Hope you are rooting for the South Carolina baseball team. Two of their members are from Rhode Island and helped lead them to the National Championship last year and hopefully this year.
Honestly...I usually root for LSU or Florida
Gonna take awhile for the SC teams to get into my blood, but thanks for the info anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island