Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:09 AM

20 posts, read 52,051 times

Advertisements

No, and it is not apart of New England either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARGIE058 View Post
My question was is rhode island part of new york !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 09:19 AM

20 posts, read 52,051 times
Well, guess what? We can live without the 12% of Hispanics and the 11% of Puerto Ricans and those dirty Dominicans, here too!! They are just destroying this state, and most of them live like PIGS and have nothing to offer except a mess for us to pick up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnrboy View Post
Just wanted to clear up one thing: There are actually just as many people in RI (percentage wise) with Irish Ancestry as there are with Italian.

The six largest ancestry groups in Rhode Island are: Irish (19%), Italian (19%), French Canadian (17.3%),[36] English (12%), Hispanic 11% (predominantly Puerto Rican and Dominican, with smaller Central American populations),[37] and Portuguese (8.7%).

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhode_Island"]Rhode Island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/URL]

Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 AM

583 posts, read 1,324,587 times
Poverty is never pretty, for those that live it, and everyone else, but you should know that for about 100 years the same exact thing was said about the Italians- everywhere in this country. Like it or not, many of them are born here, and just as American as the rest of us.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:11 AM

17 posts, read 65,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedetti View Post
1)I am from RI, we support the BOSTON teams. There are some people that like the New York teams but, not many 2) We get Boston stations, on the radio, not New York. We have all the games on cable but on just basic TV, we have Providence and Boston games only. Red Sox, Pats, Bruins, and Celtics are mostly watched here in Rhody.4) RI, is only 45 mins. from the heart of Boston and 3 1/2 to 4 hours from NYC, so that is why we like Boston teams better. There are a lot of Irish in Boston, but there are a lot of Italians too. Same for NY and RI. We are not split here, RI is RI, MA is MA, NY is NY and CT is CT. 4) NY out! Boston in! That is how it works here. Yes and No about getting coverage on NY, but we don't really care much either. 5) And as for the identity of RI, we're mostly Italians. MA, has Boston, which is cool, but the rest is okay. New York has the big city and it is totaly crazy. Now, up state NY, has nothing, 0! CT. not much there to do. But, Rhode Island is perfect!!! Come check us out sometime, you'll never leave!
ummmmm 3 1/2 to 4 hours from NYC???? I usually vacation in Charlestown during the summers and it takes me right around 2 hours, AT MOST 2 hours 30min. I don't know what back roads youre driving on...

Old 12-15-2010, 07:27 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,997,874 times
OK, first of all, I can't believe that the post where Benedetto goes on a racist rant against Hispanics hasn't been taken down by a Moderator. I've seen posts that simply "go off topic" receive worse treatment from the Administrators! And for the record, I'm not even hispanic. It is just an outrage.

Second, the guy isn't even well informed. Rhode Island IS part of New England, genius.

It takes all kinds I guess.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:08 AM

583 posts, read 1,324,587 times
Charlestown is a 40 minutes from the Bay, and an hour from Providence, driving the speed limit more or less- so being there makes a difference when driving to NYC. Traffic can make it a lot longer too. The quickest we ever did was 3 hours to mid-town Manhattan, on an early Sunday morning.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:41 PM

214 posts, read 427,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedetti View Post
No, and it is not apart of New England either.
What educational background do you have? Rhode Island is def part of new england
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island