Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 06:44 PM

29 posts, read 59,535 times

Advertisements

I live in providence and commute to Bristol, my place of work is directly off the bike path. Today I biked about half of the path round trip and looked up the distance on google maps and found that what I biked today (which was not difficult for me) was about equal to my commute. So I'm thinking of starting to sometimes commute on my bike at least part of the way to work. However, I live about a mile west of 95 and biking from my house to India Point park during rush hour sounds intimidating, so I'm looking at driving to the bike path, parking my car, and then biking the rest of the way to work.

I have two questions-- a) is the construction on the section of the bike path that runs through east providence done? I've heard conflicting things and I've never actually biked that section, only the second half.

b) This is the tricky question-- Does anyone know if there is there a place where the number 60 bus line swings close by the bike path (this happens in Barrington, but by that point parking and riding the rest of the way is pretty pointless)? and if so, is there a good place to leave my car there? I'd prefer to park on the bus line in case it's raining or I'm just tired-- I could just take me and my bike on the bus and then drive the rest of the way home.

thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 05:14 PM

688 posts, read 2,137,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geegollygosh View Post
b) This is the tricky question-- Does anyone know if there is there a place where the number 60 bus line swings close by the bike path (this happens in Barrington, but by that point parking and riding the rest of the way is pretty pointless)? and if so, is there a good place to leave my car there? I'd prefer to park on the bus line in case it's raining or I'm just tired-- I could just take me and my bike on the bus and then drive the rest of the way home.
Barrington is the only place where the bike path and the 60 intersect. The path meets the Riverside bus later but that doesn't help you. I'm not sure where the Riverside bus ends though. It might even go into Barrington. So I guess you might be able to hop on the 60, get a transfer ticket, get off in Barrington, walk the distance (if it's short enough) to the Riverside bus and hop on it and ride it to your car which you would've parked in Riverside near the icecream place. Sounds like a pain in the neck but maybe doable.

Good luck.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 829 times
The East Bay path is open its entire length from the parking lot in East Providence on Veterans Memorial Parkway and has been since May 15th, 2012. Starting Monday July 9, 2012 the sidewalk connecting India Point Park to East Providence will be closed for 2 years while the new linear park is constructed.

To catch up on latest news on bike path closures check RIDOT's bikeri page and the rhode island bike coalitions pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island