Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 09:43 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,997,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Yes. Have you ever been to Providence?
Zing!

Old 09-29-2013, 09:46 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,997,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I find it utterly bizarre that you have made it your personal obsession to continually harass and berate her every chance you get. Hatred and negativity? Try looking in the mirror you hypocrite!
You say that you haven't explicitly stated that she doesn't have the right to post here but you continue to bully and harass her constantly which is EXACTLY what you are trying to do and then conveniently absolve yourself of any such intentions at the same time with childish semantics.

Oh.. and 55+ years versus one year makes YOU the tourist!
Next he's gonna smack you with his white glove and challenge you to a duel for the lady's "honor". hahha

Old 09-29-2013, 10:40 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,456,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Wow. Collecting past posts? You really need a hobby or something else to occupy your time.
Yikes.

Why don't you spend some time enjoying the city you profess to love so much instead of trolling city-data?
It's called a search query and it took, oh, maybe three minutes. Do me a favor? Stop stalking me. And get that new material I suggested.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:57 AM

4,378 posts, read 3,191,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Providence would be more comparable to Hartford, CT (which has a sky high murder rate higher than Providence's). CT is the one state in NE with a higher murder rate than RI (but of course it's debatable whether NE includes CT anymore, at least the urban parts of it). It seems state borders certainly have an influence of how good or bad the old cites are.
You know, I can't figure out Hartford. It looks like a big city. The skyline certainly has more skyscrapers than Providence. But I worked in Hartford for a while during a merger and the place was dead. I made a good friend there who LOVED Providence, and was amazed at how many people are walking around downtown at night and how much is going on. She said Hartford is a ghost town after 5, people just go there to work and get the hell out. They certainly didn't want to live there. I felt no love from my CT colleagues for Hartford.

And I remember when Providence was more like that, in the 80s. But maybe Hartford has had its own renaissance in the past ten years? I recently revisited the Mark Twain house though and the neighborhoods still seemed much the same.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:02 AM

4,378 posts, read 3,191,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Trump this Big Boy. The amount of time you have "lived" in Rhode Island (one year) is a pi$$hole in the snow compared to those of us who spent 55+ years and more of "living" there.

Since when does anyone need your permission to take part in this forum ?
And some of us who have been living here 50+ years resent being told that we're welfare deadbeats who are living in a ghetto if we don't happen to live in Barrington, the East Side or East Greenwich - because those are the only worthwhile places to live. Only bad people live in our neighborhoods and we don't know what we're talking about if we say otherwise.

Hard to believe that people might feel insulted by that, eh? Think.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:16 AM

23,548 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
But you don't live here and have never lived here. I live here. As such, any impression you may have of the city is based on that of a tourist, at best. The impression that I have is based on actually, you know, living here? I think that trumps a tourist's view.
Alfie, I lived in the shadows of Providence for years and years. Most of my media came from there. I have many connections to RI. I have been there for work, education and play. It will forever be a part of me (for better or worse). You are a transplant. You have even admitted yourself that you will only be around two years (peculiar that one who proclaims to love the place so much would set a time frame like that, but of course that's personal stuff and none of my business). You claim to be a RIer, but you clearly have no knowledge of the place. It shows how when people from the outside come looking for info, you have nothing to offer but pointless political rants. Due to my years of experience in RI (and having a lifelong understanding of NE in general, I provide whatever facts and information that I think to be helpful to an outsider. People from RI like Snowball, QuilterChick, Sandsonik, etc. obviously know the state better than I do and are probably yet more informative. Other than political baiting (democrats are good, I hate all republicans) and gay bars and how bad RIPTA is, your posting offers nothing of value to anyone. You may claim to "love" Providence in a general sense, but in reality you turn more people away than you "roll the mat out for".

Old 09-29-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
And some of us who have been living here 50+ years resent being told that we're welfare deadbeats who are living in a ghetto if we don't happen to live in Barrington, the East Side or East Greenwich - because those are the only worthwhile places to live. Only bad people live in our neighborhoods and we don't know what we're talking about if we say otherwise.

Who said that???

Old 09-29-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Alfie, I lived in the shadows of Providence for years and years. Most of my media came from there. I have many connections to RI. I have been there for work, education and play. It will forever be a part of me (for better or worse).
Really? You also stated:

Quote:
As for the "gay scene", I can't really comment on it as I am rarely in the DT part of Providence (it's been years and years).
Now, both statements cannot be true. When you figure out which is correct, get back to me, m'kay?

Old 09-29-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post

Yeah -- imagine that.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Really? You also stated:

Now, both statements cannot be true. When you figure out which is correct, get back to me, m'kay?
Of course they can be. Again you show your extreme lack of RI knowledge!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island