Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 03:20 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,456,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I would suggest using T F Green airport next time. It's right in Warwick (I think). LOL, I just know how to get there, not the city it's in. Even when I lived closer to Logan, I used to come down to T F Green to fly. Much, much less traffic more parking. Muchos less headaches.
I would agree -- TF Green is much more convenient than Logan. Unless you're a penny-pincher or have a lot of time on your hands, PVD is far better choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 05:36 PM

29 posts, read 43,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I would agree -- TF Green is much more convenient than Logan. Unless you're a penny-pincher or have a lot of time on your hands, PVD is far better choice.
I was going to fly out of PVD, but the connecting flights just didn't work for me as I had to be in L.A. at as certain time m e. I looked on Craigslist for driving service to Logan, but not sure how safe or expandable it is. I basically need a ride to Logan on 12/15, and a ride back on 12/19.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:21 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,539,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklee176 View Post
I was going to fly out of PVD, but the connecting flights just didn't work for me as I had to be in L.A. at as certain time m e. I looked on Craigslist for driving service to Logan, but not sure how safe or expandable it is. I basically need a ride to Logan on 12/15, and a ride back on 12/19.
My friends take that flight quite often when going back to Cali. They always stay overnight at Logan the night before to avoid traffic and be there to insure they get on the flight. Remember you have to be there by 4 am if you have a 6 am departure. Get a late check in at a hotel and be there by 9 pm, you'll be good to go.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:32 AM

29 posts, read 43,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
My friends take that flight quite often when going back to Cali. They always stay overnight at Logan the night before to avoid traffic and be there to insure they get on the flight. Remember you have to be there by 4 am if you have a 6 am departure. Get a late check in at a hotel and be there by 9 pm, you'll be good to go.
My flight out of BOS is at 730AM, I'm planning on leaving Providence by 4AM, get to the Preflight parking place by 5, and get to the airport by 530. Is that a good plan?

Old 12-11-2013, 10:22 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,539,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklee176 View Post
My flight out of BOS is at 730AM, I'm planning on leaving Providence by 4AM, get to the Preflight parking place by 5, and get to the airport by 530. Is that a good plan?

No, I don't think it's a good plan at all. After living in RI for most of my life, let me say "been there, done that" many times. It sounds like you haven't traveled cross country much, that is why I'm giving you the best advice from experience that is in your best interest and less stressful.

If your flight is out at 7:30 am you will be boarding at 7:00 am (which is what you said your flight was originally). Anyhow, I must reiterate that you stay overnight near Logan, get a basic room and what you save in stress and parking fees will be worth it and free breakfast. There are so many variables driving to Boston/Logan ... anything can happen and why take a chance, especially if you wake up in Prov. to snow! Leave your car at the hotel and take their free shuttle into the departure gate and that is the best plan. Then when you arrive make sure you get the shuttle to the hotel. Done deal. Stress free. We do it all the time when traveling if there's an early flight like that. We've sometimes had to take the "red-eye" back from CA, now that is brutal. If you are going to take that advice, get on the phone and get a reservation pronto. If you decide to work your plan, you could be lucky and sail right through. I don't take chances when traveling, that simple. Best to you and have a safe flight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island