Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 02:14 PM

8 posts, read 24,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeStreet View Post
Don't completely discount the public schools in Providence. More East Side families are sending their kids to the neighborhood elementary and middle schools and have been very happy the education their kids receive. Also, Classical High School, a school where a placement exam is required, was rated the best high school in the state by US News and World Report.
Providence schools are Rated 2 on Great Schools and Classical is Rated 9. Classical is a great school and is driving the city average up from a 1. I believe all the other city high schools are a 1.

I never could understand why someone would pay those East Side taxes to subsidize the worst school system in the state and pay to send the kids to private schools. The City Council raised taxes by $7.2 Million and sent the East Side the bill, with those residents absorbing more than 1/3 of the increased spending. Not a lot of value for the money up there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 07:32 AM

171 posts, read 308,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny401 View Post
Providence schools are Rated 2 on Great Schools and Classical is Rated 9. Classical is a great school and is driving the city average up from a 1. I believe all the other city high schools are a 1.

I never could understand why someone would pay those East Side taxes to subsidize the worst school system in the state and pay to send the kids to private schools. The City Council raised taxes by $7.2 Million and sent the East Side the bill, with those residents absorbing more than 1/3 of the increased spending. Not a lot of value for the money up there.
Your mileage may vary. I send my daughter to public elementary school in Providence and my son will join her next year. Overall, she's received a fine education.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:12 PM

3 posts, read 2,820 times
When are you looking to relocate? Are you looking to purchase or rent? What is your price range?

Old 11-14-2013, 06:17 PM

3 posts, read 2,820 times
Would you consider warwick? Whats your price range?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island