Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 01:57 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,782,804 times

Advertisements

LOL.. Tommy was who I meant.. I was just having an off-line discussion about Black Sabbath at the same time.. Unless Sabbath's drummer bought in

Yes, Tommy at the end of the bar.. newspaper in hand and drink always close..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 01:59 PM

Not to hi-jack, but if you like authentic Irish pubs, try Patrick's on Smith St. Owner is Patrick Griffin.. you will always find a lively political debate inside those walls!

Old 11-12-2013, 02:24 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,456,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Not to hi-jack, but if you like authentic Irish pubs, try Patrick's on Smith St. Owner is Patrick Griffin.. you will always find a lively political debate inside those walls!
I'll give it a go, though I prefer to talk intelligently about art and culture: politics is so base, unless it involves people agreeing with my leftist views

While we are temporarily slightly OT, have you tried Narragansett's craft beers? They have a wonderful Bock beer and a delightful "Fest." Better than Sam Adams (which I of course absolutely adore). Both are great with chippies!

EDIT: Went to Patrick's Pub Web site -- sounds great and it's within staggering distance of my apartment.

Last edited by AlfieBoy; 11-12-2013 at 02:54 PM..

Old 11-12-2013, 03:35 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,997,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I went there once years ago. It was pretty good. I need to try the one that opened up in Wayland Square....McBride's. Their fish and chips is haddock which is always a good sign:

http://mcbrides-pub.com/

Man I'm hungry!

Last edited by Rnrboy; 11-12-2013 at 03:50 PM..

Old 11-12-2013, 03:40 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,588,101 times
I like Bassett's Inn on West Shore Rd.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:57 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,456,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnrboy View Post
I went there once years ago. It was pretty good. I need to try the one that opened up in Wayland Square....McBride's. Their fish and chips is haddock which is always a good sign:

Welcome to McBride's Pub, Providence, Rhode Island

Man I'm hungry!
While Wayland Square seems to be as far away as Siberia, my beau has a car and we are going tonight, based on your recommendation. I'm starved!

Old 11-12-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
While Wayland Square seems to be as far away as Siberia, my beau has a car and we are going tonight, based on your recommendation. I'm starved!
Let me know how it is. I'm going there Thursday night. I can;'t recommend it because I've never been, just looks promising.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I'll give it a go, though I prefer to talk intelligently about art and culture: politics is so base, unless it involves people agreeing with my leftist views

While we are temporarily slightly OT, have you tried Narragansett's craft beers? They have a wonderful Bock beer and a delightful "Fest." Better than Sam Adams (which I of course absolutely adore). Both are great with chippies!

EDIT: Went to Patrick's Pub Web site -- sounds great and it's within staggering distance of my apartment.
Oh, you'll find some lefty-leaners there, it's an Irish bar, remember? The picture of Kennedy goes right above Jesus LOL.. it is basically a little hole in the wall with some dart boards, but just about any politician from the Hill can be found there on any given night (assuming they are drinkers, of course). The bartenders are (were?) from Ireland, as is the owner, and it has a very authentic feel.

I'm curious about McBride's as well. We are coming back for a wedding in January (not looking forward to the cold, it's been a beautiful 75-78 degrees here all week) and will check it out unless you say it's awful.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Verdict?

Old 11-13-2013, 09:36 AM

7 posts, read 12,066 times
Amaral's in Warren is pretty good though I have gone to Blounts also.

McBrides on Smith Street is a pretty good pub, good food too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island