Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 09:46 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,997,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I just don't trust this man to be a moderate if elected
As well you shouldn't. Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
lol. I voted for Don, and liked him as governor. You weren't even here.
I met Don at Stop & Shop, we talked about pepperoni, no joke, he was
telling me about growing up in EG and his favorite deli there at the time.
See? 38 Studios? Nothing to worry about! The man liked pepperoni! We're fine!

Old 01-11-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Imagine if I were to say...

And what happens when (insert Democratic candidate) runs for governor? Democrats are known to be real cozy with radical, left wing outfits funded by George Soros-- will (insert Democratic candidate) sip from that straw, too? I just don't trust this man to be a moderate if elected: the national Democratic Party will, by dint of the hundreds of thousands of dollars they will feed his campaign, push (insert Democratic candidate) to the far left. He's a Cicilline with a smile, I tell you.

The "radical" Democratic Legislature here in Rhode Island is against a progressive income tax. That's why the middle class gets bogged down with a regressive property tax. Chafee tried to change this, but the "Liberals" in the GA wouldn't play ball if it meant the rich had to pay slightly more income tax.

Seems like an awful lot of them are DINOs on fiscal issues.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
How can Block be Republican in Name Only when he isn't even Republican in Name? He's the founder of the Moderate Party after all.

He's a MINO.
Well he is running as a Republican against Fung in the Primary.

He's always pretty much been a socially moderate Republican though.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:52 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
You refuse to address the issue and instead invoke a false equivalency. I've linked to that definition, too.

You refuse to address the original post (Fung taking moolah from the very people who report to him, something (ahem) that Tavares does not do.) I look forward your your response to that scandal.
You opened up the can of worms by making claims that while might have merit if they were to be said about both parties and their candidates, are utterly ridiculous when the "other" major party is left entirely off the hook when in fact they are just as guilty. It is your issue.

As for Fung's actions, I don't like it but that does not make him a worse candidate than Tavares. It is entirely legal. There is no scandal. I have attached the definition of Scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for your education.

I have one thing to tell you, and that is you don't tell me what to address and what to respond to. While you may like to think so, you do not control this forum. You understand that boss?

Quote:
Democrats do not push their gubernatorial or senatorial candidates to the extreme left; Democrats are liberal or moderate/liberal to begin with. Jack Reed wasn't pushed to the left -- he was already there, as was Whitehouse, as was Sherrod Brown. Republicans do push their candidates to the extreme right, and that's why they have less than five so-called "moderates" in the senate -- even fewer as governors -- and that number, and the quality of their "moderation," diminishes with each election.
As you would say, provide the cites please. Name ONE Republican governor or US Congressman who has been "pushed to the extreme right" when elected to his post. Former US Sen. Scott Brown was actually pushed over to the left when elected to higher office. This was not by the Republican Party, but by the ultra-left Massachusetts delegation then led by that sleazy wing-nut Barney Frank. He then lost re-election, partially because he failed to stand out or distinguish himself.

On the other hand, I can name a Democrat who was pushed to the far left when he got to DC. That is Rep. Stephen Lynch. When a MA state senator he was a moderate "Reagan Democrat". Like Brown, he could not fend off Frank and his minions when he got up there (and has become a real moonbat). I'm very curious to hear of your examples?

Quote:
National Democrats don't have extremists like the mighty Koch brothers, pushing fake science and kooky notions about social concerns and issues. Yes, we have unions, but they advocate mainstream issues, like a living wage and social justice. We have Soros, who is a midget compared to the giant money-machines on the right, but what does Soros advocate? Mainstream positions, not extremist ones.
Bull crap. Soros is a radical Marxist with comparable wealth to the Koch bros. Most have no idea of the scary things he sponsors because the liberal media gives no exposure to it. Mainstream positions? You have got to be kidding me...

Old 01-11-2014, 09:54 AM

Alfie, why do you even read this guy's posts anymore? Didn't you advise me not to? haha

Old 01-11-2014, 09:55 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnrboy View Post
Well he is running as a Republican against Fung in the Primary.

He's always pretty much been a socially moderate Republican though.
No Republican of any kind voted for Obama like he did. And he basically
won the race for Chafee because without him we'd be talking about
Governor Robataille.
The funny thing is that Raimondo is a D.I.N.O.
So you have RINOs and a DINO isn't it lovely.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
The "radical" Democratic Legislature here in Rhode Island is against a progressive income tax. That's why the middle class gets bogged down with a regressive property tax. Chafee tried to change this, but the "Liberals" in the GA wouldn't play ball if it meant the rich had to pay slightly more income tax.

Seems like an awful lot of them are DINOs on fiscal issues.
Exactly. While it may be a shocker to you, the liberals work for the elite and against the working folk. JFK was the last pro-middle class Democratic president.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 AM

I agree! (With the DINO thing)

The only thing better about DINOS than Repubs is at least they're sane haha

Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Alfie, why do you even read this guy's posts anymore? Didn't you advise me not to? haha
And you sure listened to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: