Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 07:51 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,761 times

Advertisements

Hi y'all: We have been living in NC now for about 11 years and are only occasionally in touch with friends back in New England by e mail and phone. We used to follow Buddy's travels on projo.com Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal but haven't seen any recent news about what he is doing. I last heard that he had a radio talk show and decided not to return to active politics. He draws a lot of controversy, pro and con, and sure is a live character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 08:32 AM

192 posts, read 560,093 times
He's on the air every morning on WPRO. I think you can listen to his broadcasts online, though I've never tried it.
WPRO-AM

He's also involved in marketing the downtown condo complex that he moved into when he returned to Providence.
The 903

He was apparently forced to give up the hair piece while in prison, and hasn't gone back to it. Looks pretty good without it, actually.

I don't think he's eligible to run for office quite yet, and he says he has no interest in doing so anyway. But, stranger things have happened in this state...that's for sure!

Old 11-28-2007, 01:21 PM

scdreamer: Thanks. I will try it online. Not familiar with the 903 as we have been away from Providence for many years. When we left thry were celebrating the first X games and the new park between The Capital and the old train station buildings. Love to see what Buddy looks like without his famous hairpiece, but prison probably took away his vanity and he is now comfortable without it. Politics are strange up there ( as everywhere) but RI politics are "different" and you have to be a native to really understand them

Old 11-29-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdreamer View Post

He was apparently forced to give up the hair piece while in prison, and hasn't gone back to it. Looks pretty good without it, actually.
I checked out the link and saw Buddy without his toupe. Doesn't look all that bad.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:03 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,810 times
Buddy's around, and the most dangerous place in town these days is between him and a TV camera. Thankfully he legally barred from running for office for a number of years. He's bad mouthing Cicilline (who's ten-times the mayor Cianci ever was) these days. I suspect Cianci will run again after Cicilline runs for Governor in 2010. If Cianci is elected again, then RI is really and truly beyond all hope.

Last edited by 2KidsforMe; 12-03-2007 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: sorry, but name calling a public official could be considered libel.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Buddy's around, and the most dangerous place in town these days is between him and a TV camera. Thankfully he is legally barred from running for office for a number of years. He's bad mouthing Cicilline (who's ten-times the mayor Cianci ever was) these days. I suspect Cianci will run again after Cicilline runs for Governor in 2010. If Cianci is elected again, then RI is really and truly beyond all hope.
We all have our opinions about everything, but I did not start this post to create a political debate or ask for inflammatory remarks. I simply asked where Buddy was and what he was doing and I received a response that fully answered the question. Now that you have opened the door I certainly hope the "woodwork" doesn't open up to allow all the biased remarks to enter this post. If that happens I will ask the Administrators to close this post.

Last edited by 2KidsforMe; 12-03-2007 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: removed the name calling from original post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island