Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 10:53 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,785,752 times

Advertisements

Well, THAT was a quick trip!

Left Las Vegas on a 6:40a flight on Friday, ended up in Chicago with canceled flights until noon on Saturday (long story). Finally got into PVD at 2:30 Saturday afternoon, just in time to get ready for our friends' wedding at 5:30p.

They got married at Chapel Grille. WOW what a place! The decor was amazing and the food was some of the best I've had. Excellent in every aspect! Then a quick stop over to my friend's bar (1150 Oak in Cranston) for a nightcap.

Niece and nephew time at Chuck E. Cheese (no bueno with a hangover, I tell ya) on Sunday morning, then to another friend's house in Pawtucket for some more tattoo work Sunday night (nice having a tattoo artist as a good friend, I must say).

Off to T's on Park Ave. for breakfast on Monday, and back to the airport for our flight home at 1:00p.

Lots of travel for a 47 hour visit! The weather was mild on Sunday, so that was good. I think another trip in May is in order (hopefully for longer than 2 days)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 01:08 PM

9,290 posts, read 14,905,031 times
Glad you made it back! Chapel View is a great renovation and a real asset to Cranston.

May is a great month to come here!! ummm tattoos and drinking.. might want to rethink....

Old 01-28-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Glad you made it back! Chapel View is a great renovation and a real asset to Cranston.

May is a great month to come here!! ummm tattoos and drinking.. might want to rethink....
LOL.. No drinking during tattooing

I watched Chapel View getting renovated, and it looked great, I had just never been inside Chapel Grille. Definitely worth the trip!

Old 01-28-2014, 03:30 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
1150 oaklawn.. didn't that used to be Balls ?
or is your friends place in the same plaza ?

Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
1150 oaklawn.. didn't that used to be Balls ?
or is your friends place in the same plaza ?
Yes, he owned Balls, sold it, then bought it back when the new owners went under.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:51 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Yes, he owned Balls, sold it, then bought it back when the new owners went under.
and changed its name, or more than just the name ?
I haven't been there since last summer.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
and changed its name, or more than just the name ?
I haven't been there since last summer.
After Balls, he owned the Rock Junction over by Walmart in Coventry. He re-bought Balls, and let the RJ go under. It is similar to Balls as far as atmosphere and bands, but less focus on sports (not that Balls was really a sports bar anyway). He did renovate the entire interior, added another bar, put some couches in, etc. Still mostly cover bands on the weekends, but he has been bringing in some of the national b-level and c-level bands, as well as the 80s hair bands that he's always loved

Saturday night there was a fundraiser with about 5 bands playing, and I knew all of the guys, as we were regulars in the local music scene when we lived there. It was more crowded than normal, which was nice to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island