Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 07:34 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,458 times

Advertisements

So predictable!

As stated in a prior thread, I posted that Cranston Mayor (and Amnesia Artist), Alan Fung, would move to the kooky right in order to gain support from the national Republican Party and its wacky affiliates, like the NRA.

Seems I was right:

Alan Fung in 2004:

Quote:
Cranston Mayor Allan Fung sponsored and voted for an effort to ban assault weapons in Cranston in 2004 while on the City Council...
Alan Fung in 2014:

Quote:
“At the time of the non-binding resolution, I had never used a firearm and was unfamiliar with the differences among specific firearms.”

Fung who has served both as a member of the City Council and as a Mayor claims to have a change of opinion regarding law ownership and gun laws.

“Over time, I became more familiar with the topic. I have friends who actively shoot recreationally, and they encouraged me to spend time at firing ranges. As a result, I have learned more about some of the firearms referenced in that resolution and have become a recreational shooter.
Uh huh.

When asked directly if he supported a ban on assault weapons, the Fung of 2014 responded:

Quote:
FUNG: No, in years since being a councilman, I've come to understand the issue much more comprehensively. Today I would not support such legislation.

Fung! He's half in the (tea party) bag, and the campaign's just starting! He's better trained than my dog: when the NRA says "jump," Alan Fung asks, "How high?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 08:07 AM

23,567 posts, read 18,707,417 times
And we all know that when a Republican's views shift it's "flip flopping", while when it's a Democrat it's "evolving" (ie. Romney/abortion, Obama/gay marriage).

Old 02-16-2014, 09:29 AM

4,402 posts, read 3,195,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
And we all know that when a Republican's views shift it's "flip flopping", while when it's a Democrat it's "evolving" (ie. Romney/abortion, Obama/gay marriage).
No, wasn't the term "flip flopping" invented by Republicans who used to describe John Kerry?

But never themselves...

Old 02-16-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
No, wasn't the term "flip flopping" invented by Republicans who used to describe John Kerry?

But never themselves...
But of course it was! Paul Krugman invented a wonder saying, now a well-used acronym: IOKIYAR!

You know, this Fung character doesn't have much of a shelf-life. Between cozying-up to the radical GOP and revealing that he killed someone (but, you know, doesn't recall anything about it) sort of puts a fork in him.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Fung! He's half in the (tea party) bag, and the campaign's just starting! He's better trained than my dog: when the NRA says "jump," Alan Fung asks, "How high?"
"3. Are you a member of the NRA?
FUNG: No

BLOCK: No"

Have you got nothing better to do with your time than smearing people's names with your tin-foiled hat theories?

And no, there is nothing wrong with belonging to the NRA.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
"3. Are you a member of the NRA?
FUNG: No

BLOCK: No"

Have you got nothing better to do with your time than smearing people's names with your tin-foiled hat theories?

And no, there is nothing wrong with belonging to the NRA.
Please hold a civil tongue.

That's one. Two, I make it a practice not to discuss Rhode Island politics with out-of-staters.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Please hold a civil tongue.

That's one. Two, I make it a practice not to discuss Rhode Island politics with out-of-staters.
OK, then let's discuss Utah...

Quote:
Individual states at one time defined marriage as being between a man and a woman of the same race. The Supreme Court saw things differently.

Congratulations, Utah!
Or Ohio...

Quote:
Honey, I've been in the workforce for two decades. Just because you lost the argument is no need to be abusive and creepy.
Quote:
Really? Then where is your proof? The report found 17 votes --...

Quote:
Minorities who historically do not vote Republican.

Quote:
Agreed. And the 17 voters who were caught should pay a price, but, c'mon, 17? Hardly a crisis.

Quote:
And if you are talking about voter ID, recent polling shows ~70% of Americans want it including a slight MAJORITY of Democrats.
So now we run our democracy by what Gallup says? Fact is, ID laws discriminate against poor and the elderly. In Wisconsin, there's legislation (may have already passed) that mandates that the ID must exactly match the voter registration card. Women, you know, often have hyphenated names (never got it, but there it is). They would be excluded from voting. I would be excluded, as I don't used "Junior" on my registration, but it appears on my ID.

Not one, not a single investigation, has revealed anything near significant voter fraud; indeed, the opposite is true. Shouldn't we be encouraging citizens to vote, instead of erecting roadblocks, especially when these roadblocks are erected by a desperate political party that is the Party of The Hanging Chad? Voting levels are low enough as they are.

Well, year, but they MIGHT have voted!

I indeed do pray the GOP evaporates -- they undermine all that is American. And it's already happening, and it's al of their doing. And au contraire, I want at least a two party system of government, I just don't want one that's bat**** crazy and hates America. And no need to be nasty.
Or New Mexico...

Quote:
Really? Did you,you know, ever take a civics class? If a court rules, as the New Mexico court did, that banning gays from equality is against the law, that falls in the realm of "civil rights."
And now Russia!

Quote:
^ "Obozo?" Do you realize how childish you seem? That you would prefer a totalitarian dictator to a democratically, twice-elected president says things that, you know, I shudder at. But then, I love America...

Quote:
I think you misunderstood me. Putin is a dictator.
Come on dude, you can't be serious? Are you?

Old 02-16-2014, 02:11 PM

^ Are those Rhode Island politics? No, they aren't.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
^ Are those Rhode Island politics? No, they aren't.
My point is that you want to put a gag order on everyone without a current RI address, yet you constantly butt into other states'/countries' (that you do not live in) politics/affairs.

No one is asking you to read my posts, nor am I.

But, I do have just as much a right to post here as you do and viewers can decide for themselves whose words have the most validity.

I suggest you discuss the topic and stop looking like such a hypocrite.

I also suggest that you look into becoming a moderator, if you have such a desire to control who posts and who doesn't with what.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
My point is that you want to put a gag order on everyone without a current RI address, yet you constantly butt into other states'/countries' (that you do not live in) politics/affairs.

No one is asking you to read my posts, nor am I.

But, I do have just as much a right to post here as you do and viewers can decide for themselves whose words have the most validity.

I suggest you discuss the topic and stop looking like such a hypocrite.

I also suggest that you look into becoming a moderator, if you have such a desire to control who posts and who doesn't with what.
"Gag order?" I said I didn't want to discuss RI politics with a non-RI'er. So shoot me. Didn't say you "couldn't" post on the RI forum, did I? No.

And give me a break -- "constantly butt into other states?" Ah, 7 posts (4 of which are from Current Events) out of nearly 1,200? You live on this forum, and you do nothing but take shots at it.

Yes, again, you have the right to post here, and I have the right not to engage your tired diatribes, m'kay? What part of that you struggle with is beyond my understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island