Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 10:12 PM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Show me where IM said he was a slumlord or ormari said he was unhappy where he lived.

That's not your business. They are adults and are fully capable of defending themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
It is plainly evident that you know and understand the historic districts in Providence.

Indeed. Nothing motivates one's knowledge acquisition more than a direct financial interest.

Old 08-04-2022, 03:56 AM

8,024 posts, read 4,694,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Indeed. Nothing motivates one's knowledge acquisition more than a direct financial interest.
If that were always true, the question would be: What's the direct financial motivation in promoting a crime fetish about a place you don't live & know little about? I can't think of one. It's probably just another social pathology.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:30 AM

3,778 posts, read 2,693,466 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
If that were always true, the question would be: What's the direct financial motivation in promoting a crime fetish about a place you don't live & know little about? I can't think of one. It's probably just another social pathology.

Mr. Pathological hasn't exactly demonstrated a thirst for knowledge. And that which he does acquire is never absorbed, but rather regurgitated into a mixed-up, unsightly mess on the pages of this forum.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:34 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Mr. Pathological hasn't exactly demonstrated a thirst for knowledge. .
Exactly the opposite. When they get firsgt and information and insight from people who actually live in the area, they reject it out of hand. It's a pathological blanket rejection of knowledge.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Exactly the opposite. When they get firsgt and information and insight from people who actually live in the area, they reject it out of hand. It's a pathological blanket rejection of knowledge.

What exactly is one supposed to learn from a man who's claim to fame is blocking I-95 in downtown Providence, mailing a leaf blower to Portland in the middle of the riots...who meanwhile doesn't know what neighborhood of the city he's in half the time, and thinks Providence and Rhode Island are overrun with "right wingers"? I think I'll take a hard pass...

Old 08-04-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Mr. Pathological hasn't exactly demonstrated a thirst for knowledge. And that which he does acquire is never absorbed, but rather regurgitated into a mixed-up, unsightly mess on the pages of this forum.

You may know your croissants, but when it comes to actually knowing Providence (like even knowing where in the city you are) I put you on the same level as Timberlake here^

Old 08-04-2022, 08:23 AM

8,024 posts, read 4,694,500 times
Quote:
You may know your croissants, but when it comes to actually knowing Providence (like even knowing where in the city you are) I put you on the same level as Timberlake here^
Says someone who doesn't live Rhode Island to those who do. Are you clueless to how that makes you look? The ability to copy/paste crime stuff off of the internet is hardly the talent you seem to think it is.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:34 AM

3,778 posts, read 2,693,466 times
Quote:

Not only do I live here, but I explore all areas of the city and have researched city history.

I am the first to acknowledge that I don't know everything about the city, and I'm always happy to learn something new from somebody who knows something I don't. Unfortunately for you, your résumé gets round-filed automatically.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately for you, your résumé gets round-filed automatically.

Which is to your detriment, as many have found my knowledge quite helpful at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island