Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 02:49 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,539,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
You have no proof obviously or you would cite it. I don't know why you keep presenting personal opinion as fact. If it's an opinion, you should say so.

I have some proof right here that contradicts your "facts":

Awards and Achievements

I don't know why you keep presenting only the articles than you can promote like a cheerleader at half time. It is a very good article, the contents speak for themselves. If you would rather go off on a different tangent, have at it. The article is about INCOME TAXES paid by RI'ers vs. other states. I'm sure you figured that out. Many metrics went into the study, including the ones I mentioned.

Oh yes, I loved my orthopaedic surgeon at Univ. Ortho. in Prov. He was recruited from CT, is a Yale grad and Brandeis scholar and could go anywhere in the country or the world that he desires. I also love my orthopaedic surgeon here in NC who is from Boston. I am just sorry that docs in RI are underpaid according to the article you posted.

Take a break, no one wants to argue on this forum; evidently you missed prior threads congratulating posters who would rather engage in intelligent and non-caustic responses. Try Politics & Other Controversies where you might excel with one sided opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 03:19 PM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:

Awards and Achievements
How does

Quote:
  • Rhode Island Hospital's adult cardiothoracic intensive care unit received its second Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence
  • Rhode Island Hospital's diagnostic imaging department wins Healthcare Technology Management's first Best Practices in Healthcare Technology Management Award. The award recognizes the hospital's effort to establish and sustain a culture of safety.
  • The Comprehensive Cancer Center at Rhode Island Hospital was recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) Certification Program for delivering high-quality patient care. The QOPI Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices that meet the highest standards for quality cancer care.
  • Orthopedic surgeon Phillip R. Lucas, MD, receives the Milton Hamolsky Outstanding Physician Award for his leadership, commitment to patient care, hospital and community service, and local and national recognition by his peers. The award is the highest honor the Rhode Island Hospital medical staff bestows on one of its own. More about this award.
  • The Comprehensive Cancer Center at Rhode Island Hospital earned the Outstanding Achievement Award from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. This award recognizes the significant commitment by the hospitals to providing high-quality cancer care, as well as to meeting and exceeding the standards set by the commission.
  • Rhode Island Hospital is certified by The Joint Commission as a primary stroke center. Certification is available only to stroke programs in Joint Commission-accredited acute care hospitals. The Stroke Center at Rhode Island Hospital provides services to more than 900 adult and geriatric patients with suspected transient ischemic attack (TIA) or stroke annually in Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts. More about this award
  • Rhode Island Hospital recently earned Stage 6 designation of the HIMSS Analytics Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model. HIMSS Analytics, a subsidiary of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, rates more than 5,000 acute-care, non-federal hospitals on their progress in implementing the components of an electronic medical records system. Rhode Island Hospital is one of only 105 that were awarded this designation.
  • Lifespan and its Rhode Island Hospital has been selected Lifespan for a 21st Century Award by The IDG Computerworld Honors Program, honoring the development of the Rapid Emergency Satellite Communications system (RESCQ).
  • The cardiothoracic intensive care unit has been given the Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence, the most prestigious award possible for critical care nursing. Ours is the only adult unit in Rhode Island and the Boston area to be so honored.
  • Rhode Island Hospital was named a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island following a comprehensive review of its spine surgery and knee and hip replacement services. The Blue Distinction program recognizes facilities that meet objective, evidence-based thresholds for clinical quality, developed in collaboration with expert physicians and medical organizations. More about this award
  • Rhode Island Hospital is designated the principal teaching hospital of The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
  • Rhode Island Hospital receives the Consumer Choice Award for the fifteenth consecutive year.
  • The Rhode Island Burn Center at Rhode Island Hospital receives designation as a verified adult and pediatric burn center by the American Burn Association and the American College of Surgeons.
  • Rhode Island Hospital received an $11 million grant from the National Institutes of Health that will fund research that will lead to a general understanding of stem cell biology and identify unique approaches to tissue regeneration in lung and marrow diseases. The 5-year grant, awarded to Peter Quesenberry, MD, director of hematology/oncology at Rhode Island Hospital, also provides funding for the development of a major stem cell research center at Rhode Island Hospital.
  • Rhode Island Hospital receives the Consumer Choice Award.
  • Rhode Island Hospital is recognized by Nursing Professionals magazine as one of the "Top 100 Hospitals" to work for.
  • Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital were named Blue Distinction Centers for Complex and Rare Cancers by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island. Rhode Island and The Miriam are the only two hospitals in the state to be recognized with this merit.
  • Rhode Island Hospital received full approval for its dental residency program at the Samuels Sinclair Dental Center from the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
  • Rhode Island Hospital has been verified again as a Level I Trauma Center by the Committee on trauma of the American College of Surgeons.
  • Rhode Island Hospital has been designated a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, and a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island.
  • Rhode Island Hospital's Anne C. Pappas Center for Breast Imaging earned designation as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence from the American College of Radiologists.
  • The diagnostic imaging residency training program at Rhode Island Hospital, a partnership with the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, has been ranked number one in the country. The ranking, released annually by the American Board of Radiology, objectively measures residency training programs based on the past five years of written and oral board examinations. The Rhode Island Hospital-sponsored graduate medical education program was ranked number one out of the 186 training programs across the country. Based at Rhode Island Hospital, residents also spend one month training at both The Miriam Hospital and Women and Infant's Hospital each year.
  • Rhode Island Hospital has once again been designated a UnitedHealth Premium Cardiac Specialty Center and a UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine Specialty Center. Hospitals receiving the designation have met rigorous quality criteria based on nationally recognized medical standards and expert advice.
  • For the second consecutive year, Rhode Island Hospital and its New England Organ Bank (NEOB) staff have been recognized by the United States Department of Health and Human Services as one of the nation's best performing organ procurement organizations. Rhode Island Hospital's NEOB received the Distinguished Performance Award for excelling in measures considered most critical by donation professionals, including high conversion rates (the number of potential deceased organ donors who become donors), high rate of organs transplanted per donor and high percentage of donors who donate following cardiac death (as compared to following brain death, which is more common). Rhode Island Hospital was recognized for a donor conversion rate of 75 percent for the past year and received its award during the national meeting of the Organ Donation and Transplantation Breakthrough Collaborative in Nashville, TN.
  • Rhode Island Hospital has been recognized as a national leader in providing heart attack care and for meeting the 90-minute national standard to provide life-saving care. The hospital was selected by VHA, Inc., a national health care alliance, as a model of treatment for heart attack patients. The hospital presented its care process at the VHA's national meeting in Orlando to serve as a model and help other hospitals achieve such performance levels.
  • Thomson Healthcare names Rhode Island Hospital and The Miriam Hospital among the nation's top 100 hospitals for cardiovascular care.
  • The Samuels Sinclair Dental Center of Rhode Island Hospital receives the Maxwell J. Schleifer Distinguished Service Award from Exceptional Parent magazine. The award recognizes the center for its advocacy on behalf of people living with disabilities and special needs."
contradict

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick
Note the average income for medical professionals in all levels is much lower in Rhode Island; therefore, the state does not attract a high percentage of talented physicians, surgeons, etc. that can be found in adjacent states.
???

Please do tell us.

And you clearly wanted to make this thread about taxes, otherwise you would not have started the thread off with "We actually pay less in income tax when compared to other NE states and other interesting findings....." I'm all for an intelligent conversation. But until then, I'm out...

Last edited by massnative71; 05-07-2014 at 03:29 PM..

Old 05-07-2014, 03:51 PM

8,024 posts, read 4,694,500 times
Quote:
You have no proof obviously or you would cite it. I don't know why you keep presenting personal opinion as fact. If it's an opinion, you should say so.

Awards and Achievements
I agree. Nothing wrong with personal opinion, but please present it as opinion not established fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: