Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 08:30 AM

4,231 posts, read 1,673,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Its absolutely learned.

And tribalism is also promoted by scarcity or perceptions of scarcity, which we promote through our screwed up societal and economic structure.
Exhibit A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 08:35 AM

And I'd suggest to anyone crying about the "screwed up societal and economic structure" of this great country, that they're certainly free to find one more to their liking. I'll hold the door.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:08 AM

36 posts, read 22,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
I had to answer this. I am a New Yorker, and have gone in a row for the last past three years to RI for vacations at Newport Beach. I have found the people on that beach town to be very, very nice and friendly. Most of them live there.

By contrast, I was driving the speed limit in Maine road leading to my destination in Rockport, and was almost pushed out of the road by a belligerent person.....that is what I will call RUDE.
New Yorkers don't drive the speed limit ?

Old 01-16-2020, 11:02 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,696,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
And I'd suggest to anyone crying about the "screwed up societal and economic structure" of this great country, that they're certainly free to find one more to their liking. I'll hold the door.
Love it or Leave it? Think I've heard that somewhere before. Please don't let us get you off of the rails with this "phony" liberal racist distraction PureBoston. Back to the Anti-Rhode Island focus.

Old 01-16-2020, 11:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Love it or Leave it? Think I've heard that somewhere before.

Yeah, the battle cry of the ignorant (and I'm being kind).

I loathe false dichotomies. It is always those selfish types with limited cognitive abilities that can't grasp the obvious, a preferred, third alternative: neither love it, nor leave it, but fix it for all of us. Even when the status quo works in our favor.

Old 01-16-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Love it or Leave it? Think I've heard that somewhere before. Please don't let us get you off of the rails with this "phony" liberal racist distraction PureBoston. Back to the Anti-Rhode Island focus.
No, it actually dovetails nicely since Rhode Island is full of phony "liberals". But this thread is about perceived rudeness, and I've already had my say about it. Ready to move on?

Old 01-16-2020, 11:29 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,696,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
No, it actually dovetails nicely since Rhode Island is full of phony "liberals". But this thread is about perceived rudeness, and I've already had my say about it. Ready to move on?
Just before you get back to RI, what's the difference between a "phony" liberal & a "genuine" liberal? Just curious.

Old 01-16-2020, 11:44 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Just before you get back to RI, what's the difference between a "phony" liberal & a "genuine" liberal? Just curious.

Usually right wingers decry liberals who are middle class or so and live fairly well, and still want to change society. They can't really fathom how someone would want to change something when it works ok for themselves. Then they check into some serious cognitive dissonance territory where if you drive a car, you can't be for protecting the environment, or you fly for a vacation, how dare you "pretend" to be concerned about global warming, or if you don't take a vow of poverty and donate everything, you really don't care for the poor, and other such small minded crap. They then will label you as "fake", or "limousine liberal" or whatever. It's cute, but not so bright. Doomed by linear thinking... which is why they often portray so many false dichotomies. They can only think in binary terms, which is why they get so much of the world wrong.

Old 01-16-2020, 12:55 PM

10,020 posts, read 15,662,194 times
So how is everyone going to fix rudeness? You have a plan for that?

Old 01-16-2020, 01:05 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
So how is everyone going to fix rudeness? You have a plan for that?

Neutron bomb, maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island