Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:06 AM

47 posts, read 39,108 times

Advertisements

I think Gina Raimondo is a nightmare. More pandering to illegals for the "culture vote" A campaign filled with lies, half truths and innuendo. ex. her father did not "lose" his job at Bulova, he quit. Using her dead father as exploitation for a sympathy vote was reprehensible n my mind. Showing a "Narragansett" beer truck to imply she creates jobs by bringing back Narragansett brewery when it is brewed in another state. Her pension fix fiasco when all that needed to be done was 1. clean up the fraud. 2. cap all pension colas when reaching $80,000. 3. Infuse the pension fund with 5 million dollars per year for the next 7 years. 4. 41% of our state budget goes toward entitlements with millions spent on illegal aliens. The current administration seems to think more about illegal aliens than life long Rhode Islanders. She is simply a continuation of the liberal, progressive attitude ruining this country. I think she is a typical political hack saying anything to get elected. She is another Obama in a woman's dress to me. I only hope Rhode Islanders can see through her and what her real agenda is: to be the president of the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 11:15 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,696,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arro222 View Post
I think Gina Raimondo is a nightmare. More pandering to illegals for the "culture vote" A campaign filled with lies, half truths and innuendo. ex. her father did not "lose" his job at Bulova, he quit. Using her dead father as exploitation for a sympathy vote was reprehensible n my mind. Showing a "Narragansett" beer truck to imply she creates jobs by bringing back Narragansett brewery when it is brewed in another state. Her pension fix fiasco when all that needed to be done was 1. clean up the fraud. 2. cap all pension colas when reaching $80,000. 3. Infuse the pension fund with 5 million dollars per year for the next 7 years. 4. 41% of our state budget goes toward entitlements with millions spent on illegal aliens. The current administration seems to think more about illegal aliens than life long Rhode Islanders. She is simply a continuation of the liberal, progressive attitude ruining this country. I think she is a typical political hack saying anything to get elected. She is another Obama in a woman's dress to me. I only hope Rhode Islanders can see through her and what her real agenda is: to be the president of the USA.
The fix you propose sounds very much like what the unions proposed. "Infused" money, etc. President Raimondo! Now that's is a real aggressive agenda!

Old 10-23-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
The fix you propose sounds very much like what the unions proposed. "Infused" money, etc. President Raimondo! Now that's is a real aggressive agenda!
It would have worked IM. No one wanted to cut spending in the support of illegal aliens because of their possible vote loss of the Hispanic population. When it was brought to the unions this way, even the AFL-CIO backed down from this viable solution and is why this organization is now backing Gina Raimondo. This was a back room deal made 2 years ago that if she could get the support of George Nee (AFL-CIO president) she would not end the colas of municipal worker pensions which he represents. We have moral obligations to Wall St by paying back the Studio 38 debacle. We feel it a moral obligation to house 120 illegal aliens from their last onslaught of them this summer, but for life long Rhode Islanders who retired and payed 9% into their own pension funds when SS pensioners paid 6%, there is no moral obligation to live up to their agreements. Why? because of a vote and nothing else. The pension fiasco could have easily been remedied without the drama and hysterics that characterize it presently. And to think she is hanging her hat on that when she simply wanted to give the impression she is a tough lady ready to run the country. She is a maggot in my mind and willing to give Rhode Island away for votes.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:00 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,696,584 times
This sounds a bit "us and them." Us: Life-long Rhode Islanders (government workers/pensioners). Them: Others (aliens, illegals, probably even throw in welfare recipients, etc.). Do I understand correctly?

Old 10-23-2014, 10:43 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,902,565 times
Quote:
It would have worked IM. No one wanted to cut spending in the support of illegal aliens because of their possible vote loss of the Hispanic population. When it was brought to the unions this way, even the AFL-CIO backed down from this viable solution and is why this organization is now backing Gina Raimondo. This was a back room deal made 2 years ago that if she could get the support of George Nee (AFL-CIO president) she would not end the colas of municipal worker pensions which he represents. We have moral obligations to Wall St by paying back the Studio 38 debacle. We feel it a moral obligation to house 120 illegal aliens from their last onslaught of them this summer, but for life long Rhode Islanders who retired and payed 9% into their own pension funds when SS pensioners paid 6%, there is no moral obligation to live up to their agreements. Why? because of a vote and nothing else. The pension fiasco could have easily been remedied without the drama and hysterics that characterize it presently. And to think she is hanging her hat on that when she simply wanted to give the impression she is a tough lady ready to run the country. She is a maggot in my mind and willing to give Rhode Island away for votes.

I can understand the anger of pensioners. But pensioners have to understand the anger of the current taxpayers whose taxes are continuously raised because of all the previous deals between the unions and the pols. You can't continue to build in more expenses than a small state can handle.

Corruption of all kinds has to be addressed in this state. RI has already been "given away" for years and it wasn't Gina who was responsible.

Doubt that 38 studios will be paid back for moral reasons- it would likely be paid back to protect RI's credit ratings.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
This sounds a bit "us and them." Us: Life-long Rhode Islanders (government workers/pensioners). Them: Others (aliens, illegals, probably even throw in welfare recipients, etc.). Do I understand correctly?
Re-read my post. This is about back room deals to suit particular interest groups for the sake of votes. Others are getting stepped on in this pursuit who do not deserve it and needlessly. Illegals are being exploited by politicians in this state and it has nothing to do about who is paying or have paid dues. Laws are being broken for politicians or parties to stay in office no matter who gets stepped on including "life long Rhode Islanders". The politicians have made it "us against them" meaning "politicians" against Rhode islanders. the illegals are merely a tool to gain traction and advantages for the sake of the democratic machine.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
I can understand the anger of pensioners. But pensioners have to understand the anger of the current taxpayers whose taxes are continuously raised because of all the previous deals between the unions and the pols. You can't continue to build in more expenses than a small state can handle.

Corruption of all kinds has to be addressed in this state. RI has already been "given away" for years and it wasn't Gina who was responsible.

Doubt that 38 studios will be paid back for moral reasons- it would likely be paid back to protect RI's credit ratings.
This is not why our taxes are being raised. Our taxes and fees are being raised because of reckless spending to buy votes, cronyism and favoritism. The money that should have been put in pensions did not go into a separate fund but was constantly pilfered by politicians in office. You give a reckless spender more money and you'll only encourage them to spend even more.. What would be the interest on $320,000,000 be over the last 25 years if that money was not borrowed to get us out of the banking crisis that was caused by corruption? Gina Raimondo may not have caused that but clearly she is a poster girl for bigger government, pandering to illegal activity, favoritism to municipal workers or in other words all the past practice that has gotten this state in deficit spending mode. She is simply another and typical political cancer, pension fiasco aside. Why isn't anyone recognizing this here? She is so apparent it's sickening. The average ERSI pension is $28,000. How is anyone supposed to live on that for the next 18 years without a cola? Plus, we are one of 7 states that income taxes pensions. If you are on welfare, you're making $38,000 virtually tax free. Why are we not outraged that the electronic spending cards are used to buy fireworks, tattoos and cruises when it was earmarked for food? That is our money also being recklessly spent with politicians not wishing to up hold the laws that govern types of spending because they do not want to be divisive to a voter group. If 41%, let me repeat that...4!% of our state budget of 7 billion dollars goes to entitlements no matter how ugly some of these entitlements are, that is a large block of votes. No bearing on what's just and right. Just more collusion that Raimondo is definitely a part of no matter what her "slick" political city data. And believe me, it's just talk with no substance at all. She will be worse than Chaffee because she is smart or I should say, "cunning"

Last edited by arro222; 10-23-2014 at 11:28 AM..

Old 10-23-2014, 12:03 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Why are we not outraged that the electronic spending cards are used to buy fireworks, tattoos and cruises when it was earmarked for food? That is our money also being recklessly spent with politicians not wishing to up hold the laws that govern types of spending because they do not want to be divisive to a voter group. If 41%, let me repeat that...4!% of our state budget of 7 billion dollars goes to entitlements no matter how ugly some of these entitlements are, that is a large block of votes.
good posts.. nice to see a fresh voice in this forum.
The truth is, RI will not be stepping away from any lavish welfare programs anytime
in the foreseeable future. The people who are on these programs have been having
more children than those who are not. It's simple demographics for democrats to
maintain untouchable status in RI. And besides the welfare of that kind, there's all
sorts of other gimme's for other interest groups. There's really no sense in complaining
about it anymore, and if it's upsetting enough, the only thing to do is move. That's
just THE WAY IT IS.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:50 PM

9,290 posts, read 14,902,565 times
So were are you moving Snowball?

Old 10-23-2014, 01:55 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
good posts.. nice to see a fresh voice in this forum.
The truth is, RI will not be stepping away from any lavish welfare programs anytime
in the foreseeable future. The people who are on these programs have been having
more children than those who are not. It's simple demographics for democrats to
maintain untouchable status in RI. And besides the welfare of that kind, there's all
sorts of other gimme's for other interest groups. There's really no sense in complaining
about it anymore, and if it's upsetting enough, the only thing to do is move. That's
just THE WAY IT IS.
Take care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island