Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2015, 12:20 PM

4 posts, read 4,051 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have recently accepted a job offer in the New London/Groton area in CT for starting in late summer. I have begun looking for rentals near the area and was mostly interested in western Rhode Island as I'd like to be as close to Boston as possible to be closer to family. I am currently living in the Mid-West and, consequently and unfortunately, will likely be able to visit the area once, for at most a week, before moving in, in order to choose living quarters. As a result, I have to be very selective in what I choose to view.

Any recommendations and/or tips regarding what areas to look into would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer to spend less than $1000/month on a rental for myself and also commute at most 30-40 minutes each way.

I'd also appreciate any observations concerning living in the area. What/where are the major grocery stores, etc?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 09:10 PM

26 posts, read 31,682 times
You should be able to find a 1, maybe 2, bedroom apartment in Westerly within your budget. You would be close to nice beaches, there is a little downtown area (and a Stop and Shop for groceries) and you would be within 30-40 minutes of Groton. I know you are looking to be as close to Boston as possible, but right around Groton Mystic is a very cute area (part is Groton, part is Stonington) with lots of shops, restaurants and tourist attractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: