Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 07:39 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,148,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Uh, that's a great damned story -- how about just a little more detail? Flesh it out if you will because it's so endearing, and intriguing.
I finally asked my wife if she had anything else. She says she was 19 at the time and doesn't remember a whole lot, but she was on a grand driving tour from Michigan to Atlantic Canada with a friend from high school and was spending a few days at her friend's cousins' house in Boston. The cousins had other cousins in Providence, so they suggested driving down to meet them for dinner one night. It seems I was wrong about Federal Hill, because she remembers the restaurant was on a hilly street near the water, which Federal Hill is not. She's not sure, but she says the first time she saw Wickenden on my initial trip to Providence with her, it looked familiar, so that may have been it.

The restaurant was a seafood-focused Italian place with about eight tables and no printed menus -- everything was on a chalkboard and it changed every day. The food, she says, was amazing. She assumes it isn't there anymore, but who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 06:38 PM

822 posts, read 858,045 times
I was born and raised in lil Rhody .. moved away ..lived all over the country, but decided to come back home ... I love Rhode Island, and New England in general .. snow and all! ...and I cant believe how much Providence has changed ..for the better .... you've come a long way baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island