Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 12:54 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,643,053 times

Advertisements

Beautifull photos! Picturesque a lot..! That public library architecture is an american masterpiece. Wish to be there someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 3,825 times
Coventry Dude, without question your photos are first rate and beautifully composed. However, it would have been so nice had you taken the time to caption these marvelous pictures, especially for a site like this where people are looking in specifically to identify special places or reminesce about old neighborhoods they left decades ago.

Last edited by jamie1940; 11-25-2010 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: clean up spelling and syntax

Old 11-25-2010, 11:28 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
2 Videos form Kingston , Rhode Island...form yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkZiiMpOQdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4oPbvOZp4U

Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 PM

75 posts, read 273,398 times
Forgot about this site!

Here are a few of Downtown Providence I've taken over the past several months.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 4,393 times
Default Great pictures

My grandson just came to Newport on Saturday the 19th for OCS at the Naval Base. I've enjoyed the pictures of places he may(?) get to see on his big adventure. Thanks to all who posted these. Barbara

Old 03-23-2011, 11:15 AM

77 posts, read 187,589 times
If anyone ever comes across coastal debris, they can contact cleanthebay.us. This is a non-profit organization that cleans up the coastal waterways of Rhode Island. Best thing is to try and get the GPS coordinates, but you can also give them a general location.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:45 PM

564 posts, read 1,878,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1940 View Post
Coventry Dude, without question your photos are first rate and beautifully composed. However, it would have been so nice had you taken the time to caption these marvelous pictures, especially for a site like this where people are looking in specifically to identify special places or reminesce about old neighborhoods they left decades ago.

Sorry, they are all from my house in Coventry, near Johnsons Pond. Pretty much all from my backyard.

Glad you liked them!

It's snowing right now, BTW....

Old 04-16-2011, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,087 times
Loved the pictures. I grew up in Newport during WWII and attended Mumford School and Rogers High School. I belonged to the Newport History Club and remember getting in to see many of the historical homes featured in your photos. Growing up there, there were times when I couldn't wait to get out of Newport and left in 1955. When I went back ten years later for a visit I couldn't get over how beautiful it is. The beaches, the stone walls, the summer green. Of course I remember the frigid cold winds blowing off the ocean in Winter but I enjoyed my visit. I wouldn't trade it for San Diego though, where I have lived for the past 35 years.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:24 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Maitoza View Post
Loved the pictures. I grew up in Newport during WWII and attended Mumford School and Rogers High School. I belonged to the Newport History Club and remember getting in to see many of the historical homes featured in your photos. Growing up there, there were times when I couldn't wait to get out of Newport and left in 1955. When I went back ten years later for a visit I couldn't get over how beautiful it is. The beaches, the stone walls, the summer green. Of course I remember the frigid cold winds blowing off the ocean in Winter but I enjoyed my visit. I wouldn't trade it for San Diego though, where I have lived for the past 35 years.

San Diego is awesome ... you made the right decision !

Old 05-10-2011, 07:35 PM

583 posts, read 1,324,158 times
Default Great Swamp fight guns

Went to the Native Indian Museum in DC and was amazed to see a set of guns used during the Great Swamp fight of King Phillips War. Along with some other photos of South County.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island