Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 11:37 AM

3 posts, read 4,674 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I searched but could not find too much specifics on the above commute.

Moving to RI/MA soon, working in fall river MA. Looking for homes and possibly found something in E Greenwich MA (great schools it seems).

I'm concerned about the commute to fall river during rush hour (have to go by Providence). Google seems to suggest about 45 min in 'usual traffic' and distance is 35 miles. Thats ok w me but how much additional time/total time or how bad is rush hour to get there?

Anybody out there make this run daily?

Thanks for any input!

Rock
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 06:11 PM

3 posts, read 4,674 times
Sorry for the typo above - i do mean East Greenwich RI (not MA). ugh.

Old 10-31-2017, 03:50 AM

8,001 posts, read 4,689,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpalmier View Post
Hello everyone,

Moving to RI/MA soon, working in fall river MA. Looking for homes and possibly found something in E Greenwich MA (great schools it seems).

I'm concerned about the commute to fall river during rush hour (have to go by Providence). Google seems to suggest about 45 min in 'usual traffic' and distance is 35 miles. Thats ok w me but how much additional time/total time or how bad is rush hour to get there?

Thanks for any input!

Rock
Figure 45 minutes at least from EG to Fall River taking 95N to 195E. However, probably the best public schools in RI can be found an easy 20 minutes away in Barrington. You would be commuting contrary to rush hour traffic too. Both towns are fine.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:58 AM

8,496 posts, read 4,555,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
You would be commuting contrary to rush hour traffic too.

???

The section of the commute from EG on Route 95N to Route 195E would be during Providence rush hour and could be quite busy. The 195E section would be the opposite direction of rush hour traffic (most would be heading west toward Providence).

Old 10-31-2017, 07:54 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,535,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpalmier View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks for any input!

Rock

Figure at least an hour each way -- and more if there is an accident on Rt. 95 or Rt. 195. You would be hard pressed to ever do that route in 45 mins. unless after 8 pm at night. The problem (jam ups) are always from Warwick to Seekonk, MA. Speaking from years of experience, and as recent as this past summer.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:32 AM

4,676 posts, read 9,988,922 times
Assuming a normal start time of 9am and end time of 5pm... easily an hour. I deal with it once a week.

I'd nix the idea of East Greenwich as well and focus on Barrington.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
Assuming a normal start time of 9am and end time of 5pm... easily an hour. I deal with it once a week.

I'd nix the idea of East Greenwich as well and focus on Barrington.

But then the OP would run into that Wampanoag Trail madness getting in or out of Barrington particularly at business hours. Or head out to Pawtucket Av. in East Prov. and escape that way. He could branch off Rt. 6 and get to near the Ramada in Seekonk in order to reach Rt. 195 to FR.

There really is no toss up -- maybe Rumford somewhere along Arcade Av. Or one of the nicer subdivision/newer developments in Rehoboth. (I would definitely live over the state line somewhere in MA, especially near the coast; Somerset, Dartmouth, So. Dartmouth etc. etc. as mentioned earlier.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:51 PM

1,549 posts, read 3,054,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
But then the OP would run into that Wampanoag Trail madness getting in or out of Barrington particularly at business hours. Or head out to Pawtucket Av. in East Prov. and escape that way. He could branch off Rt. 6 and get to near the Ramada in Seekonk in order to reach Rt. 195 to FR.

There really is no toss up -- maybe Rumford somewhere along Arcade Av. Or one of the nicer subdivision/newer developments in Rehoboth. (I would definitely live over the state line somewhere in MA, especially near the coast; Somerset, Dartmouth, So. Dartmouth etc. etc. as mentioned earlier.
depends on where in Barrington. If he is in Hampton Meadows he could use Barneyville Road and come out on Route 6 and head to I-195. Anywhere south of the White Church should use this route. And maybe all of Barrington. I knew many who went through Warren and then into Massachusetts thru Ocean Grove.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2448 View Post
depends on where in Barrington. If he is in Hampton Meadows he could use Barneyville Road and come out on Route 6 and head to I-195. Anywhere south of the White Church should use this route. And maybe all of Barrington. I knew many who went through Warren and then into Massachusetts thru Ocean Grove.

Yes, agree. Going through Warren would also depend on where he lives in Barrington. Any way you slice it, living in Barrington can be daunting for someone working in Fall River. I-195 used to be clear sailing, but the closer you get to the Braga Bridge, coming or going .... whoops.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:25 PM

72 posts, read 69,511 times
That commute is at least an hour...and that's being generous.

It's a solid 30-40 minute drive with zero traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island