Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2020, 07:45 AM

23,566 posts, read 18,707,417 times

Advertisements

Right by Miriam:

https://turnto10.com/news/local/man-...iriam-hospital

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WJAR) — Providence police said a man was shot early Wednesday morning near The Miriam Hospital, briefly putting the hospital in lockdown.
Police told NBC 10 News that a 21-year-old man was shot at about 1 a.m. His name was not released."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 06:08 PM

A little more information here:

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...-heard-nearby/

Old 02-05-2020, 06:41 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
The possibly related shooting happened at 390 Weeden Street in Pawtucket. It's a stone's throw from the infamous Galego Court housing projects.

Street View: https://goo.gl/maps/ySqt4hbZd8h2TkcZ9

And here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9S69OcxGwo

Old 02-05-2020, 06:42 PM

The East Side and Pawtucket shootings were just minutes apart.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:59 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
I don't get why there is a post about every random violent incident anywhere in RI. Most of these are not the norm for their neighborhoods. I therefore don't get why someone feels the need to start these threads. Things like this unfortunately happen on occasion everywhere these days. No place is immune and 100% safe.

Old 02-06-2020, 11:25 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I don't get why there is a post about every random violent incident anywhere in RI. Most of these are not the norm for their neighborhoods. I therefore don't get why someone feels the need to start these threads. Things like this unfortunately happen on occasion everywhere these days. No place is immune and 100% safe.
Because this is an open public forum. Anyone with a computer & any peculiar interest can cut & paste here ad nauseam. Thread after thread. The interest here happens to be crime. Don't try to figure out the point. It doesn't really matter. These crime report discussions often carry on with the original poster talking to himself or back & forth with one or two others with the same crime fascination. The pretense is to "warn" unsuspecting newcomers - over & over - I guess. I don't have the psychological credentials to explain the motivations. It is what it is. You just have to work around it as you can.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
If this happened in Worcester, you would have started a thread about it. But because it happened in Pawtucket, you "don't get why there is a post".

Old 02-06-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
If this happened in Worcester, you would have started a thread about it. But because it happened in Pawtucket, you "don't get why there is a post".

Yeah it's funny how that works. This one was just a couple weeks ago:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/mass...l#post57144687

Quote:
How low can some people go these days? A woman recently walked into a Worcester nursing home with the intent to steal and when stopped and confronted assaulted several employees. Thankfully this POS was later identified and arrested by the police

Bottom line. If a topic is of interest to you, go ahead and post about it. If it's not, pass by it and find something that interests you. Life is too short to dwell on something of zero interest, no? I don't know what is so hard to understand about that for many on this forum?

Old 02-07-2020, 04:34 PM

9,290 posts, read 14,905,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Because this is an open public forum. Anyone with a computer & any peculiar interest can cut & paste here ad nauseam. Thread after thread. The interest here happens to be crime. Don't try to figure out the point. It doesn't really matter. These crime report discussions often carry on with the original poster talking to himself or back & forth with one or two others with the same crime fascination. The pretense is to "warn" unsuspecting newcomers - over & over - I guess. I don't have the psychological credentials to explain the motivations. It is what it is. You just have to work around it as you can.
sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island