Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 07:03 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
One downloadable map shows a pretty ambiguous line about halfway between Melrose and Hamilton (effectively 1/2 a block). That lines up pretty close to what I initially said "on the edge of".

Old 04-30-2020, 07:35 PM

8,032 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
How do you interpret "to the far side of Melrose Street"? It's worded strange.

If it stopped at Melrose, there would be no need for "to the far side of".

But if it went to Hamilton, I guess there would be no reason to mention Melrose.

Regardless, it's not an official neighborhood, the boundaries are not set in stone, Wikipedia is not necessarily accurate, and the look of Lexington clearly starts changing at Hamilton (where 107 is)...not at Melrose.

And, as noted earlier, it's still the ghetto. ALL of Elmwood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmwood_Historic_District

"The southern enclave is also bounded on the west by Elmwood Avenue, and extends from Congress Avenue to Adelaide Avenue, including Columbus Square, where there is a separately-listed statue of Christopher Columbus. It extends eastward on Adelaide as far as Emerson Street, and along the other side streets to the far side of Melrose Street."
Save your word salad. The Elmwood historic districts are defined down to the street & house. Again, you’re way over your head. You can’t even trash a neighborhood properly. Stick to cut/paste crime stories. More your speed,

Old 04-30-2020, 08:26 PM

17,738 posts, read 9,187,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Save your word salad. The Elmwood historic districts are defined down to the street & house. Again, you’re way over your head. You can’t even trash a neighborhood properly. Stick to cut/paste crime stories. More your speed,

Here's the reality: this violent gangbanger lives either on the edge of or extremely close to the Elmwood Historic District. Many others do also.

As for being over my head, I'm not the person that:
  • thinks Elmwood Historic District is as safe as any area in Providence
  • thinks you need to "be careful" near PC
  • thinks Chad Brown is just petty crime
  • thinks Elmhurst is a gay community
Anyone who knows Providence would get a good chuckle out of each of those things.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Here's the reality: this violent gangbanger lives either on the edge of or extremely close to the Elmwood Historic District. Many others do also.

Anyone who knows Providence would get a good chuckle out of each of those things.
As for where Elmwood's historic districts are located; a fool never admits they're wrong. Anybody who know Providence, knows you just shoot from the hip with your obvious biases & lack of nuance; which you readily substitute for any actual knowledge of the city.
Yes, residents of the Elmwood's 2 Historic Districts feel safe. Do you know any??
Yes, homeowners living near PC students are very unhappy with the noise and conditions PC students cause.
Yes, much of the crime (not all) around Chad Brown is petty.
Yes, there is a large gay population living in Elmhurst. Anyone who says otherwise isn't connected to that community.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:25 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,183,149 times
Quote:
Here's the reality [Crudup] lives either on the edge of or extremely close to the Elmwood Historic District.
WRONG! Boundaries of the Historic District aside, the voter registration data massnative posted (creepy!) shows he moved to Silver Lake more than five years ago.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
WRONG! Boundaries of the Historic District aside, the voter registration data massnative posted (creepy!) shows he moved to Silver Lake more than five years ago.
CREEPY is right! One wonders what newcomers must think when come on board this Forum seeing this stuff.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:
As for where Elmwood's historic districts are located; a fool never admits they're wrong.
A fool gets caught up in a technicality while refusing to acknowledge that the premise remains the same.

All of Elmwood is the gangbangers' playground. That portions of a few streets look nicer and have historic homes matters not.

Quote:
Anybody who know Providence, knows you just shoot from the hip with your obvious biases & lack of nuance; which you readily substitute for any actual knowledge of the city.
Having read your comments over the years, I can confidently state that you're not even remotely qualified to make that determination.

Rehabbing and flipping a couple of houses in Providence does not make one an expert. And constantly repeating the same incorrect information does not make it any less incorrect.

Quote:
Yes, residents of the Elmwood's 2 Historic Districts feel safe. Do you know any??
That you know a handful of Elmwood residents who supposedly feel safe there is irrelevant. You made a claim that the Elmwood Historic District is as safe as any area in the city. Your claim is not only false but also absurd.

Quote:
Yes, homeowners living near PC students are very unhappy with the noise and conditions PC students cause.
A valid statement, and it's been that way for many decades. However, your suggestion that PC students present some sort of danger and that you need to "be careful" is beyond ridiculous. While that area can get rowdy, it is one of the safest areas in the city.

You also said it can be dicey. You know when and where it can get dicey? During the summer when most of the students are gone - Oakland Ave in particular. I've witnessed some seriously disturbing things (to put it mildly) on Oakland Ave during the summer...and it had nothing at all to do with PC students.

Quote:
Yes, much of the crime (not all) around Chad Brown is petty.
And the same can be said about any crime ridden area. You're twisting this just like you've twisted all of your other previous statements. You suggested that someone could have a better quality of life in Chad Brown than in the PC area of Elmhurst. That's laughable.

Quote:
Yes, there is a large gay population living in Elmhurst. Anyone who says otherwise isn't connected to that community.
I have no idea how you define "large". Gay people represent a tiny portion of the population in Elmhurst. Perhaps the only people you know there are gay, but that certainly doesn't make it a gay community. You are spreading misinformation, and you have an agenda.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
As I said to independent man...

"A fool gets caught up in a technicality while refusing to acknowledge that the premise remains the same."

Old 05-01-2020, 08:46 AM

^^^^^ Cut/paste Word Salads only confirm you don't know what you're talking about. I have not interest in debating you. But, I'll continue to correct bias misinformation you spread in your lame attempt to trash urban neighborhoods which you know NOTHING about.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I have not interest in debating you.
Wise move to admit defeat and spare yourself further embarrassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island