Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 06:19 PM

3,779 posts, read 2,683,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Two years later, this remains a very unsafe part of the city.

This is not at all true.

To the reader: don't take this peculiar fellow's word for it. Look up crime statistics for Providence, and for Washington Park, then compare the data with actually dangerous parts of the country. In general, Providence is a very safe city. Of course we strive for lower crime, but let's keep things in perspective. This poster is obsessed with crime, and relies on anecdote to feed his fetish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2022, 06:25 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
This is not at all true.

To the reader: don't take this peculiar fellow's word for it. Look up crime statistics for Providence, and for Washington Park, then compare the data with actually dangerous parts of the country. In general, Providence is a very safe city. Of course we strive for lower crime, but let's keep things in perspective. This poster is obsessed with crime, and relies on anecdote to feed his fetish.

Whatever, genius. This neighborhood where a man was shot last night, is also very close to Carolina Ave. that saw the city's worst mass shooting in history just last year. It's a dangerous/problematic area of town.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Whatever, genius. This neighborhood where a man was shot last night, is also very close to Carolina Ave. that saw the city's worst mass shooting in history just last year. It's a dangerous/problematic area of town.

Really, then pony up the goods. Let's see some actual data analysis from you. Not that you're capable of it.

I have not claimed to be a genius. But from your perspective, I get it.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:42 PM

Borrowed from my map of serious violent crimes occurring in the city of Providence, here is the neighborhood in question. The circled area is Broad St. and Vermont Ave.. FOUR incidents in 2021 right near that corner, as well as that other one right above on California Ave.. Neighborhood is a $hitshow.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:44 PM

^^^ Some grade school maps with a few dots is not data analysis.

Like I said, not capable.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:49 PM

^^^And if the poster were capable, he'd have hard numbers comparing and contrasting this neighborhood with high crime neighborhoods in cities where crime is actually high to prove his claimed point. He can't. And yet he spends hour after hour, day after day, year in and year out making these claims with no better substantiation than scribbles on a map.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:57 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,897,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
^^^And if the poster were capable, he'd have hard numbers

When hard isn't a possibility, some dudes get very frustrated.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
When hard isn't a possibility, some dudes get very frustrated.

It's too bad, too. You gotta put in the work if you want that diploma from City Data University.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:14 PM

^You know full well that I have been more than transparent and striving for accuracy when mapping out these violent incidents, utilizing information provided directly from the Providence Police Department. Let me spell it out for you another way, here are the final citywide results for 2021. The picture it paints cannot be more telling where there are two particular wide swaths of the city that stayed "incident" free, and to put it in perspective also drew rough lines around the Washington Park neighborhood (lower right) to show the contrast. I understand that this displays a harsh reality and I'm sure you are not pleased with the end result, bit it IS reality whether you like it or not. Your insults and endless kicking and screaming about it, are not going to change anything.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:19 PM

^^^Just more pretty colors on a map, and undocumented at that. Compare and contrast actual crime data with high crime cities. I've given you a start to your "research". Produce actual, meaningful results. Otherwise, you're just self pleasuring again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island