Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 09:03 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,905,135 times

Advertisements

I should add that Critical Race Theory is racist toward all races, not just whites.

I mean, when you're characterizing things such as "punctuality" and "professionalism" as "inherently white" - that is the bigotry of low expectations toward anyone who isn't caucasian.

It's propaganda that actually divides us by race, and should have no place in American culture.

Of course, when it comes to Marxism, that has always been true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 09:18 AM

4,422 posts, read 3,204,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
This article here is as good a place as any to start: https://www.city-journal.org/critica...can-classrooms

In fact, it's far more pervasive than just college classrooms. It's also being taught in lower grades, and being embedded into work places.

And, yes, when white teachers are told they must acknowledge their "privilege" or they cannot teach, "force feed" is an accurate description.

This has been going on for years, but really ramped up when BLM had their moment in the "sun" last summer.
So that's your roundabout way of saying you don't have the receipts to prove URI students are being forced to study anything against their will.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
So that's your roundabout way of saying you don't have the receipts to prove URI students are being forced to study anything against their will.

"Receipts". I like your terminology there.

And no, you misinterpret me as you are so wont to do.

I said quite the opposite a few posts back, conceding that - sadly - it is actually worse in other Blue States.

However, if we are complacent it can happen here as well - as it has in CA, OR, WA, NY, IL and other places.

I mean, when you have city halls waving the BLM flag - which is intrinsically a political act (might as well wave the Democratic Party flag), the Overton window has clearly been moved.

Fortunately BLM's reputation has been on a robust descent. All the public needs to do is be exposed to what is happening, and they quickly turn against this nonsense....regardless of race, color or creed.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:32 AM

9,300 posts, read 14,919,650 times
Your link from the "city journal" quotes Tucker Carlson heavily. You are promoting right wing propaganda against left wing propaganda.

The reality of URI is that it's about 70% white which is about right for RI. And I really doubt that URI students are being forced into anything. They all have the right to engage professors in debate.

It is a popular meme of the extreme right to try to discredit higher education. Dumb and uninformed is good for the general populace- keeps them in check.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/city-journal/

Old 12-27-2020, 11:54 AM

4,422 posts, read 3,204,810 times
Quote:
"Receipts". I like your terminology there.

And no, you misinterpret me as you are so wont to do.

I said quite the opposite a few posts back, conceding that - sadly - it is actually worse in other Blue States.

However, if we are complacent it can happen here as well - as it has in CA, OR, WA, NY, IL and other places.

I mean, when you have city halls waving the BLM flag - which is intrinsically a political act (might as well wave the Democratic Party flag), the Overton window has clearly been moved.

Fortunately BLM's reputation has been on a robust descent. All the public needs to do is be exposed to what is happening, and they quickly turn against this nonsense....regardless of race, color or creed.
Well, this isn't a forum to discuss other states, its about RI. And you said URI students were being force fed an ideology but can't point to a course they're required to take which would back up your statement.

Then, as is typical, you deflected to partisan political broadsiding.

I pray you don't support those who think black lives don't matter but that's not really pertinent to the statement you made about URI.

Old 12-27-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Your link from the "city journal" quotes Tucker Carlson heavily. You are promoting right wing propaganda against left wing propaganda.

The reality of URI is that it's about 70% white which is about right for RI. And I really doubt that URI students are being forced into anything. They all have the right to engage professors in debate.

It is a popular meme of the extreme right to try to discredit higher education. Dumb and uninformed is good for the general populace- keeps them in check.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/city-journal/

Mediabiasfactcheck is biased. See how easy that is?

Please. The City Journal article also quotes Brian Stelter and CNN, you conveniently left that out.

But more to the point: Who cares? When you pretend "right wing sources" just aren't believable, and tout the NY Times and Washington Post in their stead, half the country laughs. These "institutions" lost much of the respect they never deserved years ago, but they keep telling you they're so great - so you just trust them because when have they ever given you a reason not to? (Har!)

Anyway: When you have literally seen city halls put up "Black Lives Matter Signs" next to RI state flags on the tax payer's dime, writing this off makes no sense.

And other states do matter. BLM is a national movement, so seeing how far they will go when given an inch reveals quite a bit, and is instructive when assessing parameters in our own watery little sliver of a state. (I say that with love.)

But make no mistake: The only reason the rioting wasn't as sustained here as it was in places like Portland and Seattle is because our state govt. drew a line in the sand. When people were talking about trashing Garden City, the friggin' National Guard showed up. That sends a strong signal. These people will only get away with what we allow them to get away with.

People are waking up. My Democrat neighbor, who never owned a gun in his life, is now officially armed and voted for Trump.

But sure. If you want to continue to believe everything that four giant corporations who own most of the media you consume tell you - then by all means - it's a free country. I'm sure they have your best interests at heart, and wouldn't $ell you down the river to the globalists like giant corporations usually do. It's not like Amazon that owns the WaPo has made over a trillion off COVID while literally shutting down the competition. What possible motives could they have to give you bad information? Or MSNBC, or CNN, or any of these other behemoths.

But you need to try and understand that I used to be just like you in that respect. And I still look at most of the information you're getting - so lectures regarding source material are entirely useless.

So go ahead and stick with "mediabiasfactcheck" that will always tell you, against all mathematical probability, that anything you hear outside of your mediaverse is just lies. Anything that Comcast, or NBC-Universal, or Jeff Bezos peddles is always right - and you scoff at your moral inferiors for just not being sophisticated enough to really get it! Scoff I say~!

But stop playing silly games, if there was anything specific in the article you are able to debunk, Have-ats! People are getting tired of those on the left just trashing a source - it's not a real argument.

I'll continue to look at both "sides" and make up my own mind. And right now, it's no contest - the lies of the corporate media have become downright insidious, and anyone who believes even half that garbage is truly lost in our modern information war.

Last edited by RhodyRepub; 12-27-2020 at 01:30 PM..

Old 12-27-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
It's not like Amazon that owns the WaPo has made over a trillion off COVID while literally shutting down the competition. What possible motives could they have to give you bad information?

Well looky here:

Amazon, the trillion dollar tech company, has hired lobbyist Jeff Ricchetti, whose brother will be the top White House counselor to Joe Biden.

[i]According to disclosure forms filed with Congress, Ricchetti will lobby for Amazon on “(i)ssues related to COVID-19, including implementation of the CARES Act.”

Ricchetti Inc. is poised to be a lobbying powerhouse in the Biden administration.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/12/amazon-h...house-adviser/

But I just checked and mediafactcheckersbecausewesayso.org says World Net Daily is not a believable organization!

But it was the Daily Caller who actually first reported this. Still too right wing for me to believe!

Oh wait, the article links to the United States Senate website as its official source material? Oh man.

I wonder if this will be in the WaPo?

Your media is compromised, and so is your "President".

Old 12-27-2020, 02:39 PM

8,030 posts, read 4,709,176 times
Quote:
This article here is as good a place as any to start: https://www.city-journal.org/critica...can-classrooms
In fact, it's far more pervasive than just college classrooms. It's also being taught in lower grades, and being embedded into work places.
And, yes, when white teachers are told they must acknowledge their "privilege" or they cannot teach, "force feed" is an accurate description.
This has been going on for years, but really ramped up when BLM had their moment in the "sun" last summer.
Why would anyone object to the fundamental acknowledgement of Privilege? Better to deny it exists? Better that students be taught it doesn't exist or as it obviously does, it's not to be spoken of in school??

Old 12-27-2020, 02:48 PM

23,643 posts, read 18,764,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Why would anyone object to the fundamental acknowledgement of Privilege? Better to deny it exists? Better that students be taught it doesn't exist or as it obviously does, it's not to be spoken of in school??

HINT...if you want to be taken seriously, lose the capitalization of the word "privilege". The grammar police might be along soon...

Old 12-27-2020, 02:54 PM

8,030 posts, read 4,709,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
HINT...if you want to be taken seriously, lose the capitalization of the word "privilege". The grammar police might be along soon...
Further hint: If you want to be taken seriously, don't put privilege in quotes like it's debatable. It isn't. The police allow capitalization for emphasis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island