Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 07:07 AM

23,738 posts, read 18,836,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Duh??? You said "somewhere" NOT RI!!!!

I think that's sort of implied, being this is a state legislative matter and this is the RI forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 08:15 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,910,477 times
Quote:
I never said I approved of what they are trying to teach. I think it's BS. I thought I was being clear when I wrote who should be involved. I don't think this is a legislative matter.

I'm old enough to remember when sex ed in the schools was extremely controversial.

And I was very clear that I disagree with you over the manner in which this is being taught. (I even put in bold that particular word on the first page of this thread.)

Teaching sex ed may have been controversial, but it did not violate the 1964 Civil Rights Act. This does, and it will end up in court - probably the Supreme Court the more ubiquitous this becomes.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
But are they actually teaching this somewhere, right now? That's the main question.

Yes!!!

They are teaching it all over the place.

Watch the Megyn Kelly video from Bill Maher I posted (not exactly a conservative - Bill), and then extrapolate that out to both private and public schools all over the country.

There are different forms of this stuff popping up everywhere.

If I sent links to this thread, none of them would be from Rhode Island (yet), but there would be new links every day.

Think of it this way brother: Remember last summer when certain folks insisted the riots were mostly peaceful? But you were seeing what they didn't bother to look at which contradicted that horrendously?

This is the same situation. This stuff is all over the place, but the National Corporate media keeps it hush hush because they know it would be bad for the Democratic Party the more people actually knew.

Look: I agree with you that Parents should be more engaged and should be catching this stuff - but that's just not the World we live in, sadly. And these folks are breaking the law to indoctrinate children into leftist activism and racial self-hatred/division at a young age.

It's not good for children of any race, color or creed. And it's not good for society. And don't let any obfuscating or uninformed Lefty clown tell you otherwise.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Somewhere in RI is the main question- not Maine, not NYC, not MA....

This is like pulling teeth.

Holly: Legislation was just introduced by the RI Republicans to ban this kind of stuff here, precisely because it is happening elsewhere. (Heck, for all I know it is already here - wouldn't surprise me one bit.)

If the Democrats don't take it up, that tells you everything you need to know.

The naivete' I tell you...

Old 03-31-2021, 09:09 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,723,566 times
I would imagine White Supremacists would have their hair on fire with this (and rightly so). My guess is the white rage diminishes as you go up the self-awareness privilege scale. As a white person of considerable privilege, I would not be the best person to make an analysis of the program for children. However, I would be much more interested in what people of color think.

Last edited by independent man; 03-31-2021 at 09:19 AM..

Old 03-31-2021, 11:37 AM

Coming Soon to Rhody?

Virginia County School Advisory Board Demands Firing of Teachers who Disagree with Critical Race Theory

https://amgreatness.com/2021/03/31/v...l-race-theory/

Old 03-31-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Coming Soon to Rhody? [b]Virginia County School Advisory Board Demands Firing of Teachers who Disagree with Critical Race Theory[/B https://amgreatness.com/2021/03/31/v...l-race-theory/
Rather than cut/pasting from a far right wing website, do you have any information on how people of color view the theory? Wouldn't that be reasonable info to have? Surely you can find at least one person of color to publicly back your contention. How about Allen West in Texas? He's usually pretty reliable. Anybody?

Old 03-31-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Rather than cut/pasting from a far right wing website, do you have any information on how people of color view the theory? Wouldn't that be reasonable info to have? Surely you can find at least one person of color to publicly back your contention. How about Allen West in Texas? He's usually pretty reliable. Anybody?

With due respect I Man, a person of color's opinion on "white identity" is no more valid than a white's take African American identity or Puerto Rican identity for that matter. I think even you can grasp that.

Old 03-31-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
With due respect I Man, a person of color's opinion on "white identity" is no more valid than a white's take African American identity or Puerto Rican identity for that matter. I think even you can grasp that.
Indeed. As spoken, seemingly oblivious to his position of privilege.

Old 03-31-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Indeed. As spoken, seemingly oblivious to his position of privilege.

So you're saying it's your place to decide for blacks what their "identity" involves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island