Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2022, 07:55 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,723,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
You won't have a meaningful conversation with bigots and virtue signalers, so don't bother.
Well if those are the only two choices available, put me down as a signaler. Better than no virtue at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2022, 08:24 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Their mindless parroting of the race card has done far more harm than good to advance the social and economic parity of the very group for which they blather their support. I understand the appeal though, it's far less mentally taxing than actual thought.

Fact check true.

Fortunately, it also spells doom for the Democrats.

Al Sharpton is starting to sound like RhodyRepub when it comes to the "woke" garbage.

When that happens, you know they're in mighty big trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbnRbxF6Kyk

Even the Left now sees the writing on the Wall.

The next decade will not be good for them.

This gentleman writes for a new blog owned by Matthew Yglesias, who worked for Vox, and he is one voice of many - but this is the best long term analysis I've seen. Keep in mind, CRT and parents' outrage at witnessing it being taught, is a huge factor here. Democrats just deny it's happening, and they lose votes from people who pulled the lever for Biden. All because they can't upset the crazy Woke base.

Democrats are sleepwalking into a Senate disaster

Business as usual will produce a huge GOP majority

Quote:
“Business as usual” will result in President Trump or President DeSantis, with somewhere between 56 and 62 Senate seats. And this is actually worse than it might seem at first. In recent years, Republican senators who have retired (or announced that they are retiring) have skewed heavily toward those who were willing to occasionally stand up to Trump, like Jeff Flake, Lamar Alexander, Rob Portman, Pat Toomey, and Richard Burr. If Trump returns to office, he will do so with a median Senator who is far more deferent to his wishes than the last time around.

https://www.slowboring.com/p/democra...ing-into-a?s=r

A massive course correction is coming.

Tick tock

Old 04-13-2022, 09:12 AM

4,435 posts, read 3,218,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
You don't understand Critical Theory because, quite frankly, you don't understand much of anything - nor do you address the video that proves what is happening (and there's far more where that came from.)

The moderator has already had to step in on this thread and point out that anything regarding Critical Theory is relevant on here since, not only is the racial version (at least) being taught in our schools - but there is a bill in the Statehouse to ban it. In fact, another one was just introduced by Patricia Morgan yesterday. Sure, it may be going nowhere fast, but it is - in fact - topical.

But I understand the Left only has censorship and shutting down conversations. No actual addressing the facts or assertions specifically made in a post with any type of thorough rebuttal.

It's like talking to an inanimate object.

But sure, continue to bury your head in the sand and pretend it's not happening, you can't fool the parents. See how that works out for you, just repeatedly bleating what your corporate masters dictate to you.

So sad.
And your post was not about critical race theory or the critical race bill in RI. It was something about grooming, or don't you even remember what garbage you link?

Maybe you should take a step back from YOUR corporate masters at YouTube and Fox.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:18 AM

5,125 posts, read 2,700,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Well if those are the only two choices available, put me down as a signaler. Better than no virtue at all.
That pretty much sums up what virtue signalling is all about.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
That pretty much sums up what virtue signalling is all about.
I guess, better than being a bigot.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:32 AM

5,125 posts, read 2,700,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
I guess, better than being a bigot.
What is? virtue signalling? Perhaps. But the soft bigotry of low expectations isn't much of a departure.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:34 AM

23,738 posts, read 18,836,898 times
Jamestown.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:42 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post

Maybe you should take a step back from YOUR corporate masters at YouTube and Fox.

HA!

As painstakingly explained multiple times in this very thread: Both Critical Gender Theory and Critical Race Theory are subsets of Critical Theory. I know, it's complex. Brain go boom. Smoke come out.

Google owns YouTube, I assure you they are not sympathetic to my politics whatsoever. Neither is Al Sharpton.

Don't ever change, you're a laugh riot.

A clueless one, but a laugh riot nonetheless.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:52 AM

21,743 posts, read 12,873,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Do you honestly believe that racism is a greater impediment than personal behavior in limiting the desired success of Blacks in America? Or is it simply easier for you than answering the tough questions for yourself? CRT simply reinforces this corrosive helpless victim mentality.
Beyond me how you can't see this.
Before I answer... does this matter?

You're just absurd in my opinion. This is about teaching kids to think critically about race. That's all. Its not directly about "success" or "blacks" All of us need to think critically about thes issues. Lest you end up making posts like this.

This is just fearmongering fluff from old anxious white people. Which i'm very familiar with so I know what it looks like. It's hard to disguise or veil racism to people who experiences it routinely in many different forms. I think you underestimate this-If white people were 13% of the population and blacks were 60% you'd understand a great deal more about us as well and you'd know when we were BS'ing too because you would have to in order to move around and funciton.

There's a "victim mentality" if you're a victim of institutional racism or interpersonal racism and bigotry then you are a victim. It is safe to say most minorities are harmed by racism. I know I have as has every other visible minority I've ever met in my life. Now white people will say I'm lying because the default assumption is all black people are liars. Or they will point to Asians or successful blacks as proof racism doesn't exist-ignoring the fact that folks achieved this success despite racism.

Terms like"victim mentality" is 100% how white people avoid collective accountability for racism. Why would anyone who is not a white conservative pay you any mind if you just ignore reality entirely? There's no credibility there at all.

The issue is because of white being the norm in this white-dominated countsy and default you honestly and truly believe you are justified and in "center" with this opinion. Minorities are the radicals...your center or "normal" In your social circle or demographic, sure.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
What is? virtue signalling? Perhaps. But the soft bigotry of low expectations isn't much of a departure.
"Soft bigotry of low expectations". You don't often see George W quoted these days. One of the few comments the fellow made which made some sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island