Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2022, 02:17 PM

4,258 posts, read 1,665,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Oh look, a racist.

The same racist who cheered on the bloody riots in 2020 because they comported with their radical politics.

Absolutely disgusting.

In the meantime, let's have super wealthy elites like Oprah Winfrey (who promotes CRT) go into a West Virginian trailer park to school all the whiteys about their inherent privilege.
He blathers his hateful bile against the White man.....and calls everybody else racist. Par for the course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2022, 04:33 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,718,846 times
yall will learn.

Fortunately, Rhode Island conservatives don't have much (if any) political power virtually anywhere in the known universe. lol.

Old 04-13-2022, 04:51 PM

8,065 posts, read 4,688,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
yall will learn.

Fortunately, Rhode Island conservatives don't have much (if any) political power virtually anywhere in the known universe. lol.
Indeed. A ridiculous radio talk show host is the most powerful right winger in the state. And, he drives a small, but vocal clown car.

Old 04-13-2022, 04:52 PM

4,382 posts, read 3,187,421 times
Rhody, do you approve of this new bill? It would be against the law to discuss racism in class. Do you not see how that would make it impossible to cover a lot of American history? Are white people really so fragile? I remember when we said "Never Forget". I guess nowadays it's "We can't discuss anything that doesn't make me feel happy"

https://turnto10.com/news/local/bill...island-schools

Old 04-13-2022, 05:29 PM

4,258 posts, read 1,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Indeed. A ridiculous radio talk show host is the most powerful right winger in the state. And, he drives a small, but vocal clown car.
Your capital city's tallest skyscraper went dark 9 years ago. The two river bridges on your centerpiece bike path are condemned indefinitely due to neglect. And this with among the highest tax burdens in the country. Just me maybe, but I wouldn't be crowing about this particular Liberal hegemony.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:24 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,897,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
yall will learn.

Au contraire.

Many of our Democrats, esp. where I live, fall on the more conservative end of the spectrum.

In fact, my state rep. (Charlene Lima) just introduced a bill to make smash and grabs come with 10 year minimum sentences. She even explicitly complained about "woke" when she introduced the bill, and she has some real pull in the State House.

Wait, did I say "pull"? She's Deputy Speaker. From Western Cranston.

Quote:

"My legislation takes away the power of these soft woke prosecutors and judges and gives the power back to the victims ... We need strong laws not 'woke' laws soft on crime"
https://twitter.com/TedNesi/status/1511449156887494660

Furthermore, it is quite possible this year that a Republican takes District 2 in the House - or even wins Governor. (Although I am not yet sure if I'm too crazy about our gubernatorial candidate.)

To boot, our second largest city is a Republican stronghold - and also is in much better shape than Providence or Warwick. Interesting how that works.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:31 AM

8,065 posts, read 4,688,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Au contraire.

In fact, my state rep. (Charlene Lima) just introduced a bill to make smash and grabs come with 10 year minimum sentences. She even explicitly complained about "woke" when she introduced the bill, and she has some real pull in the State House.
For all of her other craziness, Charlene Lima holds a special place in the hearts of Rhode Island animal lovers.
She's always been a forceful advocate when we've needed her.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:31 AM

I'll also add that, to our state's credit, we were one of the few deep blue states that immediately shut down the 2020 riots.

The National Guard even showed up at Garden City, and despite ubiquitous rumblings on social media, the crooks never bothered to show....and haven't since.

Crooks you would have been cheering on.

Rhode Island may be "blue", but the majority of our Democrats are still not "woke".

In fact, there's a backlash brewing, just like everywhere else.

Maybe you should speak about things you have actual knowledge of.

Ya know, like being a racist.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:34 AM

Obviously not talkin' to you, I-Man.

Old 04-14-2022, 12:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0nIEv05vj0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island