Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 04:34 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,406,403 times

Advertisements

I know that RI is a Democratic state, but wondering what Party Affiliation the regular posters are here on these boards. That is if you all are willing to say. I would do a poll if I knew how, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 06:04 PM

8,031 posts, read 4,705,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
I know that RI is a Democratic state, but wondering what Party Affiliation the regular posters are here on these boards. That is if you all are willing to say. I would do a poll if I knew how, lol.
Any regular poster here would have to be blind not to know I'm a progressive democrat - a "lib" inhabiting a medium which tilts decidedly right wing (much like their beloved talk radio).

Old 01-18-2022, 06:07 PM

4,420 posts, read 3,201,746 times
Quote:
My answer would be noyb. Would that more kept their political choices to themselves. I remember when it was considered highly rude to ever ask anyone three things: 1. Their religion 2. Their income 3. Who they voted for.

More civil times.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:34 PM

23,623 posts, read 18,749,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
My answer would be noyb. Would that more kept their political choices to themselves. I remember when it was considered highly rude to ever ask anyone three things: 1. Their religion 2. Their income 3. Who they voted for.

More civil times.

I'm with you in not caring or wanting people to share their political affiliation, however we constantly hear accusations about this board being biased one way or the other (including within this very thread). In that sense it might be interesting to know how true that is, or if this place "is" actually out of whack with the state as a whole. Or is it pretty reflective? But like you said, we'll never get a reliable number because obviously not everybody is going to share that stuff. One might get a few more participants by asking in the form of an anonymous poll, but then of course you will get cheaters so probably be even less accurate.

Old 01-18-2022, 09:13 PM

4,420 posts, read 3,201,746 times
Quote:

More civil times.
PS - No offense to 16 Acres. I think my response may read as harsh, and that wasn't my intention at all.
I meant nothing personal.

Though I do stick by my belief that the last thing this board (or this country) needs is MORE politics!

Old 01-18-2022, 09:25 PM

Quote:
PS - No offense to 16 Acres. I think my response may read as harsh, and that wasn't my intention at all.
I meant nothing personal.

Though I do stick by my belief that the last thing this board (or this country) needs is MORE politics!

Can't argue with that one.

Old 01-18-2022, 09:29 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,036,941 times
Im a fairly liberal person. Very socially liberal (pro LGBT, gay marriage, BLM, pro-marijuana), pro personal responsibility (if you drink and drive its not the bartenders fault), against the faults of flawed capitalism (supply chain shortages, CEOs making 271x more than avg worker) and all for taxing the rich more while reducing burden on lower and middle class people.

Im a PhD student. My income is fixated by my university and side hustle

Old 01-18-2022, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Im a fairly liberal person. Very socially liberal (pro LGBT, gay marriage, BLM, pro-marijuana), pro personal responsibility (if you drink and drive its not the bartenders fault), against the faults of flawed capitalism (supply chain shortages, CEOs making 271x more than avg worker) and all for taxing the rich more while reducing burden on lower and middle class people.

Im a PhD student. My income is fixated by my university and side hustle

If you are not a resident of RI, you should disclose such. Last I recall, you were not.

Old 01-18-2022, 09:59 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,406,403 times
To those that may have got offended, or those who may get offended, I was just curious if this board matched your home state. I find the Political forum on here on C-D (where I spend most of my time at) surprisingly leans more right than I ever expected. But also please note that I also stated "That is if you all are willing to say.". You always had the option of ignoring it, as I'm sure some did. Also again, pardon me, as where I'm from most of us are proud to state which one we are. Clash of cultures?

Old 01-18-2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
To those that may have got offended, or those who may get offended, I was just curious if this board matched your home state. I find the Political forum on here on C-D surprisingly leans more right than I ever expected. But also please note that I also stated "That is if you all are willing to say.". You always had the option of ignoring it, as I'm sure some did. Also again, pardon me, as where I'm from most of us are proud to state which one we are. Clash of cultures?

If anything, I think it's Independents might be the most underrepresented on this particular subforum.

And yes, it's generally considered rude in this part of the country to ask a stranger their affiliation, or also volunteer it when unsolicited. Among family and friends, maybe not (that of course depends on your circle though). Especially considering what has gone on with national politics the past few years, I think a lot of people are just burnt out by it and focusing on their own life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island