Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2021, 07:34 AM

23,565 posts, read 18,707,417 times

Advertisements

The wonderful combination of youth and social media.

https://www.golocalprov.com/news/new...say-related-to

"A threat of a school shooting was reported to Providence police on Monday.

Providence Police Major David Lapatin told GoLocal that they investigated the threat -- and that it appears to be related to the latest Tik-Tok challenge.
As GoLocal reported earlier in October, the TikTok challenge “Devious Licks” has hit Rhode Island Schools and is sparking vandalism."

About Incident
On Monday, police responded to a home on Harold Street off of Chalkstone Avenue, where they met with a woman who said her son showed her a disturbing message on his phone.
Police spoke with the juvenile, who said he saw a message on SnapChat that mentioned someone shooting the principal at his school.
According to police, the message from an unknown phone said the following, “I hate Ms. Onye (Principal of Gilbert Stuart Middle School) … On Friday, October 29, I am going to take my dad’s shotgun and shoot her…after that I will go into my first period class and shoot it up."
Police reported that they also received a call from an individual on Elmwood Avenue regarding being made aware of the same message."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: