Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 03:35 PM

4,377 posts, read 3,184,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
sandsonik if you want to mingle with the ATV & dirtbike people at Johnny's Food Truck on Broad Street, then go ahead but I think it's a very bad idea. I AM LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR SAFETY.
Who said anything about hanging out with dirtbikers? You gave Johnny's a thumbs up, now you're saying don't go? You make less and less sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2021, 03:41 PM

4,377 posts, read 3,184,886 times
Quote:
Or Belmont...
What am I supposed to be seeing in those videos that should make me afraid for my safety? Very mellow crowd.

Old 11-17-2021, 04:10 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
How did a Belmont come up? I don't know of a Belmont, Rhode Island? Is my map missing something?

What weirdos. These people make no sense at all.

Ohhh, they probably mean the Belmont estate in Newport. I'd rather hang out on Broad Street. More fun.

How bleeping pathetic. We can't even talk about food without KrimeKinksters that don't live here and no nothing about Providence injecting their perceived dangers from people of color from afar. These people, if they ever actually visit Providence in their life, should probably hit a club along Broad Street and cut loose. Would do them good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
What am I supposed to be seeing in those videos that should make me afraid for my safety?
Maybe heartburn????

Old 11-17-2021, 05:43 PM

17,667 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You've drawn some very odd conclusions from my statements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
You have made some very odd statements, so I'm not sure what other conclusions to draw.
No, I have not made any odd statements.

I said sandsonik would likely be the only white person at Johnny's. This is accurate. And I mentioned the current racial tensions in Providence - while pointing out the recent racially based incidents near PC.

I also mentioned the dirt bike and ATV people that apparently hang out at Johnny's. They are seen in the videos. I brought up the Orms Street incident as evidence that they are a violent group that brutally attacked a woman.

These statements were made in an effort to show that it's not really a good idea for sandsonik to go to Johnny's.

You somehow managed to twist this into: "Are you suggesting sandsonik would be dangerous to the non-white people in line at Johnny's?"

Truly bizarre stuff, MP.

And from what I understand, sandsonik is an older white woman. Why would you think it's a good idea to send her to a food truck in the heart of South Providence? Would you send your mother to Johnny's???

Old 11-17-2021, 05:49 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Who said anything about hanging out with dirtbikers? You gave Johnny's a thumbs up, now you're saying don't go? You make less and less sense.

Go back and review the thread. I said it was probably OK to go around dinnertime, just not when the club crowd starts showing up.

Old 11-17-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
How did a Belmont come up? I don't know of a Belmont, Rhode Island? Is my map missing something?

What weirdos. These people make no sense at all.

Ohhh, they probably mean the Belmont estate in Newport. I'd rather hang out on Broad Street. More fun.

How bleeping pathetic. We can't even talk about food without KrimeKinksters that don't live here and no nothing about Providence injecting their perceived dangers from people of color from afar. These people, if they ever actually visit Providence in their life, should probably hit a club along Broad Street and cut loose. Would do them good.

The fact that you don't "no" Broad St. is dangerous, says that you have much to learn about the city. Pretty sad that somebody has to tell you that from this far away. Get out of your Wayland Square bubble once in a while, you might be in for a bit of a shock. In fact, maybe don't...

Old 11-17-2021, 07:04 PM

Anyone with a $50 a week ($7.14 a day) food budget, isn't going out to eat in Providence. Period.

Old 11-18-2021, 08:06 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,180,198 times
Quote:
The fact that you don't "no" Broad St. is dangerous, says that you have much to learn about the city. Pretty sad that somebody has to tell you that from this far away. Get out of your Wayland Square bubble once in a while, you might be in for a bit of a shock. In fact, maybe don't...
Pretty sad someone from that far away tries to tell people who live here where they should go or what they should do.

Old 11-18-2021, 08:08 AM

2,811 posts, read 2,180,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I said sandsonik would likely be the only white person at Johnny's.
It is not accurate.

Quote:
And from what I understand, sandsonik is an older white woman. Why would you think it's a good idea to send her to a food truck in the heart of South Providence? Would you send your mother to Johnny's???
I didn't "send" her anywhere; I'm just not among those telling anyone not to go there.

Old 11-18-2021, 08:33 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp775 View Post
Pretty sad someone from that far away tries to tell people who live here where they should go or what they should do.
Beyond sad, since I have lived in the Armory for almost two years. They can't even tr*ll well.

Not that they would know the difference. They don't know this city one little bit. They would think my lovely street is the "ghetto" because its diverse.

Why do people that have never lived here, never been here, and clearly know nothing about the city other than what they google chime in? Not so bright.

Nothing happens in Wayland Square, no one goes out there other than some Brown parents taking their kids to Red Stripe or whatever. LOL. Clueless out of staters. If they weren't so pathetic, it would be pretty funny how they self clown themselves every day. I guess they don't mind looking clueless.

And yet another thread highjacked by KrimeKinksters. We can't even speak about food establishments in our own city without fetishists promoting disinformation and scare mongering.

Last edited by timberline742; 11-18-2021 at 08:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island