Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2022, 02:44 PM

8,065 posts, read 4,684,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post

Perhaps it's really not your business at all unless I seek your opinion?
Your dealing with our Ace Crime Reporters (the less offensive term). What part of "duo" don't you understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 02:45 PM

17,672 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Even massnative didn't claim he was using the impersonal you, but that his post hinged on "if".

I understood the post just fine. Perhaps you didn't.

I mentioned looking at the houses and massnative said "
I'm not sure if you are seriously looking at purchasing or just browsing for fun, but I strongly discourage you from those properties."

There was no general "you". No one else mentioned looking at them but me. He quoted and was specically responding to me - who is capable of seeking an expert opinion if I was so inclined to make a purchase.

Perhaps it's really not your business at all unless I seek your opinion?

Incorrect again, sandsonik. As I specifically noted, the impersonal you was used in the part that I bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I'm not sure if you are seriously looking at purchasing or just browsing for fun, but I strongly discourage you from those properties. The devil is in the details, and you have no idea what you would be getting yourself into.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:45 PM

4,378 posts, read 3,184,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Incorrect again, sandsonik. As I specifically noted, the impersonal you was used in the part that I bolded.
Sure it is, you mind reader!

So it's the personal "you" in the part you didn't bold? Then my point remains.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:52 PM

Quote:

So it's the personal "you" in the part you didn't bold? Then my point remains.
Yes, I do think it was the personal you in the part that wasn't bolded.

I don't see how your point remains, though. You were complaining about the bolded part.

Old 02-09-2022, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Apparently you're a mind reader also.

Why not just ask the poster.

Old 02-09-2022, 04:29 PM

8,065 posts, read 4,684,533 times
Quote:
Sure it is, you mind reader! So it's the personal "you" in the part you didn't bold? Then my point remains.
You realize you can lose IQ points debating so small with these two, don’t you? Such silly back & forth must make a newcomer run from the forum.

Old 02-09-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do think it was the personal you in the part that wasn't bolded.

I don't see how your point remains, though. You were complaining about the bolded part.
"I strongly discourage you from those properties."

The point remains: I didn't ask for advice, and am capable of seeking counsel should I need it, and it probably wouldn't be from either of you.

I don't know why you still don't get that. We've been over this before.

Old 02-09-2022, 04:51 PM

Quote:
"I strongly discourage you from those properties."

The point remains: I didn't ask for advice, and am capable of seeking counsel should I need it, and it probably wouldn't be from either of you.

I don't know why you still don't get that. We've been over this before.
People are free to offer advice and/or comment on whatever they choose. Nobody needs your permission.

Old 02-09-2022, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
You realize you can lose IQ points debating so small with these two, don’t you? Such silly back & forth must make a newcomer run from the forum.
I know...but the bossiness will do the same.

Old 02-09-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
People are free to offer advice and/or comment on whatever they choose. Nobody needs your permission.
Then you an expect a rejoinder from me whenever you offer me unsolicited advice. (More like nagging/bossiness). Every. Single. Time. Is that the board you want?

Or you could try respecting people instead of treating them as ignorant children who need to be schooled by you. It's very irritating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island