Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2022, 08:48 AM

4,197 posts, read 1,613,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Holy cow, this is working out even better than I could have imagined. It's not November yet, and things could change, but holy jesus it looks like District 2 Rhode Island is going red!!!

New poll: Gorbea leads Democratic field for governor, Fung has advantage over Democrats

https://turnto10.com/news/local/new-...over-democrats

The "Progressives" have been the best recruiting tool that the Republicans could have ever hoped for.
It's hard to overstate the distaste Americans harbor for crime, lawlessness and disorder. Almost as much so as for a shrinking pocetbook. Goodbye "Progressive". Don't forget to write.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Holy cow, this is working out even better than I could have imagined. It's not November yet, and things could change, but holy jesus it looks like District 2 Rhode Island is going red!!!

New poll: Gorbea leads Democratic field for governor, Fung has advantage over Democrats

The "Progressives" have been the best recruiting tool that the Republicans could have ever hoped for.
I knew the current administration was in trouble when they attributed the previous Red Sox World Series drought to the Curse of Putin.

Old 06-27-2022, 08:58 AM

7,921 posts, read 4,586,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
It's hard to overstate the distaste Americans harbor for crime, lawlessness and disorder.
For most voters, I don't think it's so much a thirst for authoritarianism, as it is a desire for basic economic well being. How it ends in November will depend on that & it doesn't look good.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
For most voters, I don't think it's so much a thirst for authoritarianism, as it is a desire for basic economic well being. How it ends in November will depend on that & it doesn't look good.
I don't know any other way to explain it. Safety and prosperity are 1st and 2nd and in no particular order. There isn't anything else in the top 10. The top 20. And what you always fail to understand is that these basic desires completely transcend Party or Ideology. If they brought it to the table, the Whigs would sweep the nation. It's why I've never really trusted a rigid ideologue.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Rampant inflation, burning cities, disorder and lawlessness will now mark the grave. If you'd been paying attention rather than studying charts of Whiteness, you might have noticed. And yes, the American people ARE exceptional. In all of our color, our origins, our beliefs and our differences. Splendidly exceptional.

Last edited by PureBoston; 06-27-2022 at 09:27 AM..

Old 06-27-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:

I hope Mr. Fung didn't throw away his MAGA hat. If only we could get them made in the U.S.A..........

Old 06-27-2022, 09:27 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,870,784 times
Quote:
I hope Mr. Fung didn't throw away his MAGA hat. If only we could get them made in the U.S.A..........

Don't listen to the progressive propaganda.

That was an egregious error from 2016 that has long since been remedied.

Made in USA Official President Donald Trump Keep America Great 45 Hat

https://trumpshop.net/products/made-...a-great-45-hat

Old 06-27-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Don't listen to the progressive propaganda.

That was an egregious error from 2016 that has long since been remedied.

Made in USA Official President Donald Trump Keep America Great 45 Hat

https://trumpshop.net/products/made-...a-great-45-hat
Oh yeah!

Old 06-27-2022, 09:30 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,870,784 times
Quote:
Oh yeah!

Old 06-27-2022, 09:32 AM

7,921 posts, read 4,586,856 times
Quote:
Rampant inflation, burning cities, disorder and lawlessness will now mark the grave.
Inflation yes. The inflammatory rest, not so much. The grave metaphor is excellent, but does democracy make it to your top 10 concerns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island