Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 06:15 PM

4,382 posts, read 3,182,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
You are confused. They made zero mention of a license plate, only that it was a dark colored sedan (Altima? Maxima???). The suspects were likely from the nearby UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS housing projects, the source of much of the random crime targeting people on College Hill.
Are you high? Read the very link you posted. It says MA plates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2022, 08:12 PM

23,556 posts, read 18,651,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Are you high? Read the very link you posted. It says MA plates

"As GoLocal reported in March, “BB Gun Shooting Spree Terrorizes City - Victims Shot in West End, Outside Mall, and on College Hill:”
“Police are investigating a spree of BB gun shootings overnight in Providence.
Victims were shot on the West End, outside Providence Place Mall, and on College Hill.
According to victims and witnesses, a 'dark, older model Toyota sedan' with Massachusetts plates was involved in the shootings. “"

The incident in March, sandsonik. IN MARCH.

So what's doing the trick tonight, Long Live or Proclamation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
A lot of working class young people do those things. Definitely not limited to criminals. And it will only get worse as states like MA and RI punish working and middle class people.

Quote:
Some probably cross the line to play paintball in RI. Dumb, maybe drunk, MA kids

All possibilities, but I am still betting on this being local inner city youth (and likely from the projects).

Old 04-30-2022, 08:16 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,897,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

So what's doing the trick tonight, Long Live or Proclamation?

Nothing wrong with either of those.

But props to Trillium.

Old 04-30-2022, 09:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lT9lYWRM8I

Old 04-30-2022, 09:20 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,651,990 times
Quote:
A lot of working class young people do those things. Definitely not limited to criminals. And it will only get worse as states like MA and RI punish working and middle class people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
All possibilities, but I am still betting on this being local inner city youth (and likely from the projects).

My comment about working class kids pertained ONLY to registering their cars out of state. Not to be conflated with other commentary or criminal acts.

Old 04-30-2022, 09:38 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,897,131 times
Quote:
My comment about working class kids pertained ONLY to registering their cars out of state. Not to be conflated with other commentary or criminal acts.

Yeah you just misquoted me.

That quote you attribute to me doesn't exist.

K bye.

Old 05-01-2022, 04:20 AM

8,056 posts, read 4,681,194 times
Quote:
It's also no secret that Massachusetts is full of cars with MA plates. Some probably cross the line to play paintball in RI. Dumb, maybe drunk, MA kids
"Maybe drunk, MA kids"? Are you kidding me? You're missing the racist point entirely. Much better to surmise, "Inner City Thugs" now from Massachusetts (I guess) probably living as freeloaders in Rhode Island housing projects with their RI baby mommas. Get with the program here!

Last edited by independent man; 05-01-2022 at 04:30 AM..

Old 05-01-2022, 05:28 AM

5,091 posts, read 2,651,990 times
Quote:

K bye.
You're right it was Massnative. When I tried to quote it using the quote tool (probably because the original is a convoluted mess) and I manually quoted it to you, by mistake. My message didn't change. My comment about the working class kids related only to registering cars in other states. There doesn't seem to be any information on where the perps came from except the MA plate.

I'm done with this thread and the, as of now, the useless topic.

Old 05-02-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:

K bye.

Looks like that poster made an honest mistake. Calm down. He wasn't throwing shade.

Old 05-02-2022, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah like I said I have no clue about costs of insurance or tax in Providence. Can't even imagine someone going to Massachusetts because it costs less. Some people from MA and other states often go to NH or ME to get lower rates. When I was younger I knew many people who would register in NH at friends or families summer places. Maine is popular too because it's legal (there).

For example:
https://www.centralmaine.com/2019/07...ess-for-maine/
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Rhode Islanders enjoy the pleasure of the country's 6th highest auto insurance premiums as well as the 3rd highest vehicle tax burden. Lots of tax dodgers and lots of uninsured motorists.

Of course it largely depends on which communities in each state as well, generally way more so than state vs. state. I once knew of a guy in Boston who always registered his vehicles at his Little Compton summer place, and saved a fortune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island