Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 02:44 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,666,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
There is nothing wrong with it, but the crime happened in MA and would have been more helpful in the MA forum. Milford is about a half hour away from Woonsocket. It's like posting "be careful in Exeter" about a crime that happened in Cranston, 3 towns away.
Oh...What the ______evah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 03:04 PM

23,561 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Not a fan of Autumnfest, St Ann's, the Stadium Theater, Chan's, Lops or the Blackstone bike path then?

The Woonsocket portion is easily the most forgettable part of the bike path, only purpose it serves really is to give access to people living "in" Woonsocket. At Chan's I never recall seeing much there of interest to me, to each their own though.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Some towns? It's one town. Milford. And for all your pained "think about the victims" pretense, you have yet to have the 'decency' to post it in the state forum where the crimes are ocurring.

As to your last paragraph - what are you talking about? The board mod said it wasn't a RI topic, and that Milford wasn't a nearby town. Everyone agreed.

No, sAnDsOniC, it wasn't one town. Did you even watch the video?

Mark's (mr2448) topic wasn't relevant for this forum. This topic is relevant because there is potential danger for young women in the Woonsocket and Cumberland area. I guess you don't care about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
And the guy they caught is from Winchendon. Almost Keene NH. Not remotely Rhode Island. LOL

Your post supports my point, GeoffD. You just don't realize it.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
It's also a fact that most of these posters here are not actually from RI. They maintain a huge inferiority complex and get extremely defensive about their adopted home, even if the critique is constructive. They are rarely helpful to outside inquirers, unless they see an opportunity to boast about their property values (which most "real" RIers could care less about). It's no wonder people get chased away and see "little need" for this place.
I sort of guessed this. Whenever you see a person continually trying to come off as if they know more about a given place than anybody else in the world, it's usually a person who didn't originate there. That's not to say all outsiders to places act like this. But when I see this it usually means somebody trying to prove something. Whatever. I never learned anything when I thought I knew it all. And I see the same attitudes with some of the people acting as if Lower Roxbury or Ashmont Hill are the next Waban.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:28 PM

I hope sandsonik watches this video and will now grasp the relevance to Rhode Island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lftYl8Jtzfs

Old 06-02-2022, 04:12 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Whenever you see a person continually trying to come off as if they know more about a given place than anybody else in the world, it's usually a person who didn't originate there.
Perhaps. But, the case more often may be the know-it-all who has left the place born (originated?) & then, for whatever reason, has developed a distain for certain elements that former home. In my Rhode Island experience, a few people who "fled" Providence decades ago, for suburban & rural digs, can fall into this unhappy category.

Regardless, the fiercest defenders of a location can be those from elsewhere who have adopted it as home. Those residents who could live most anywhere, but choose to live in RI. Does that make the glasses rose colored? Maybe a little.

Old 06-02-2022, 04:30 AM

Unless they're "defending" it against nothing at all for the sake of feeling righteous all the time.

Old 06-02-2022, 04:38 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Unless they're "defending" it against nothing at all for the sake of feeling righteous all the time.
As you like to say, whatever.

Old 06-02-2022, 05:07 AM

Uh huh

Old 04-02-2023, 02:58 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,187,561 times
2 shot in Woonsocket, including 13-year-old boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnDffMohINw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island