Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 11:20 PM

23,229 posts, read 18,383,943 times

Advertisements

South Providence, Federal Hill, and Wanskuck.

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...s-one-serious/

The most serious incident happened on Veazie St in Wanskuck.

Approximate location

https://goo.gl/maps/ygezZCRNwW17TKBM7

"Shortly at 1 AM, police responded to Veazie Street for a report of a shooting.
According to police, they encountered a large crowd outside of McCormack’s Pub.
Police said they encountered a male victim in his 30s, bleeding from multiple gunshot wounds.
The victim was taken to Rhode Island Hospital.
Police said that the crowd became aggressive toward police and there were no cooperating witnesses.
There were multiple shell casings found at the scene, say police. "

Two hours earlier, police reported to RI Hospital for a man in his early 40s who says he was shot in the leg while walking down Courtland St. in the Federal Hill neighborhood. Courtland St. is where the Courtland Club is, which is very popular among the city's growing hipster community.

And a few minutes before that, a man in his 30s was shot in the shoulder by the corner of Broad St. and Sassafras St.. That is in the Elmwood section of South Providence. It's a highly problematic area bordering the infamous Broad and Prairie triangle, and right by the notorious Noah's Lounge and Levels Lounge that have both been discussed multiple times here in this forum. The man stated that he had been drinking. Forum viewers have been repeatedly advised to avoid Johnny's Food Truck after dark, and this is the latest example of why. That stretch of Broad is a $hit$how, especially during the summer months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 08:04 AM

4,207 posts, read 1,624,280 times
Escalating Gun violence continues to plague our cities, and in my humble opinion it's past time to stop dithering over the causes. We can either put more cops on the street, taking more thugs and guns OFF the street, or listen as hand-wringing eggheads debate the etiology as though it was Gyspy Moth Caterpillars. And 3 separate shootings in one night in a city of 180,000, if this is truly the case, is frightening.

Old 06-20-2022, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Escalating Gun violence continues to plague our cities, and in my humble opinion it's past time to stop dithering over the causes. We can either put more cops on the street, taking more thugs and guns OFF the street, or listen as hand-wringing eggheads debate the etiology as though it was Gyspy Moth Caterpillars. And 3 separate shootings in one night in a city of 180,000, if this is truly the case, is frightening.

No need for more cops. Pretty soon the local gangbangers will be turning in their magazines with over 10 rounds, and all will be well in the world.

https://www.wpri.com/news/politics/i...-magazine-ban/

Old 06-20-2022, 08:28 AM

It's likely to become more of a littering problem. Cities will simply send out rubbish trucks in the morning to clean up the bodies.

Old 06-20-2022, 08:50 AM

4,997 posts, read 2,583,718 times
There was a time when Italian organized criminals kept regular street crime in check. That's now pretty much out of the equation.

Old 06-20-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:
And 3 separate shootings in one night in a city of 180,000, if this is truly the case, is frightening.

It is frightening. It's also disappointing that few seem to care. Looking at the "similar threads" sidebar, I saw a thread in the NYC forum "Three people shot last night in NYC" and people were outraged. That's a city of 8.38 million people. It is 46 times the size of Providence.

3 people shot in one night in Providence is like 138 people getting shot in one night in NYC. Where is the outrage here? Independent Man? Holly? Ormari? Sandsonic? No comment? Brush it under the rug and pretend everything is fine?

Old 06-20-2022, 09:41 AM

In Southern cities, they actually shoot their guns into the air, with the bullets occasionally falling back to land on a person's head. Gravity is a problem for these nuts. Is this my new America? I actually looked into New Zealand at the urging of a friend who moved there. They told me I was too old, the obvious implication being that I'd take more than I could give. Funny, sounds like my ex-wife. We need some of these folks in Wasington.

Last edited by PureBoston; 06-20-2022 at 10:29 AM..

Old 06-20-2022, 04:10 PM

And as shocking as it is (3 people shot in a span of 2 hours), in all honesty shootings in Providence (and probably most other big cities) typically go unreported. On average, there is a shooting every day in Providence. You won't hear about most of these, because the local hoodlums have such poor marksmanship that they will either totally miss their target or the target will walk away with a minor injury.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:24 PM

4,997 posts, read 2,583,718 times
Quote:
In Southern cities, they actually shoot their guns into the air, with the bullets occasionally falling back to land on a person's head. Gravity is a problem for these nuts. Is this my new America? I actually looked into New Zealand at the urging of a friend who moved there. They told me I was too old, the obvious implication being that I'd take more than I could give. Funny, sounds like my ex-wife. We need some of these folks in Wasington.
You can go to Ecuador and live on $1500 month in retirement.

Old 06-20-2022, 07:18 PM

4,265 posts, read 3,123,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
There was a time when Italian organized criminals kept regular street crime in check. That's now pretty much out of the equation.
Kept regular street crime in check how? By conducting regular murders and regular street crime?

The mafia was not a charity; they thrived by stealing and threatening people to pay for "protection". If you think the murder rate is bad now, you need to look it up during the mob's heyday.

Ridiculous how crime gets glorified when it's the Italians doing it. Gangs are gangs, period. In both eras, law abiding folk rarely have need to fear violence, and gangsters have much to fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
View detailed profiles of: