Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2022, 09:16 AM

23,549 posts, read 18,700,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
You have not because you live to promote fear of random murders that, with one exception in recent years, are NEVER random. And even that case was targeted, but it was a case of mistaken identity.

Which case are you referring to here? I can think of one where a bystander was shot and killed, who happened to be near somebody else who was a mistaken identity. You really think that can't happen to pretty much anybody? That's why I urge you to avoid places like Johnny's Food Truck late at night. There was also the college girl who was shot and killed over by UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS. Mistaken identity too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
He won't because it makes him feel superior by singling out the most blighted neighborhoods in Rhode Island. He does the same in Massachusetts with New Bedford, Fall River, Brockton, etc. I presume he rents in some dubious working class Massachusetts neighborhood these days so it's critical to his psyche to think that where he lives is better than some hell hole like Weld Square in New Bedford or the worst parts of Providence.

I kind of have no problem with it. I need to feel good about where I live, too. I just don't have the need to single out places that are worse than where I live to achieve that.

Blah blah blah. Listen I post about all sorts of neighborhoods, unfortunately most of the shootings and such happen in low income areas. I don't get to pick where they occur. I recently posted about a neo nazi rally in Jamaica Plain. That sound like an impoverished hell hole to you? And I can guarantee you that my zip code is more desirable than yours ($$$ wise anyway), doesn't make me a better or worse person than you though. Not sure where that came out of.

Old 07-27-2022, 09:28 AM

Like I said, folks, it's time to take it down a notch. The immaturity seen in this thread is unprecedented.

Let's get back on topic. The rising violence in Providence.

But before we do, I have an announcement to make. I-Man, consider this like a hostile takeover. You're officially out as de facto leader. I'm assuming the role. Let's face it, we all know I assumed the role a long time ago. I'm just making it official now.

‘There is no end to it’: 4 sentenced in warring Providence gangs case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r88UjHMxzxU

Old 07-27-2022, 09:49 AM

8,032 posts, read 4,696,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

I'm assuming the role. Let's face it, we all know I assumed the role a long time ago. I'm just making it official now.
What's official is that you have a creepy crime fetish. Lead the way.

Old 07-27-2022, 10:17 AM

4,388 posts, read 3,193,342 times
Quote:
Like I said, folks, it's time to take it down a notch. The immaturity seen in this thread is unprecedented.

But before we do, I have an announcement to make. I-Man, consider this like a hostile takeover. You're officially out as de facto leader. I'm assuming the role. Let's face it, we all know I assumed the role a long time ago. I'm just making it official now.

‘There is no end to it’: 4 sentenced in warring Providence gangs case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r88UjHMxzxU
We have no leader. We cannot be governed. Consider yourself the Gaspee, unelected pretender.

Old 07-27-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
. There was also the college girl who was shot and killed over by UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS. Mistaken identity too?
Yes, that's the mistaken identity I was referring to.

Old 07-27-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I can guarantee you that my zip code is more desirable than yours ($$$ wise anyway), doesn't make me a better or worse person than you though. Not sure where that came out of.
Whoa, maybe your heart just grew a bit and change is possible. I'll delay judgment to see if you stop referring to people as trash, based on where they live. Now that you realize you're no better than them.

Old 07-27-2022, 10:49 AM

3,785 posts, read 2,694,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
This is classic coming from someone who just posted in the Massachusetts thread that they pay 24% of their gross in rent. The average rent in Maine is less than $1,000/month.

What do you suppose a security guard makes these days?

Old 07-27-2022, 10:53 AM

3,785 posts, read 2,694,775 times
Quote:
Crime in Providence is on a downward trend according to Providence Police Department. Pay attention!
Quote:
Bwahahahahah! It really is rubber room time for you!

Old 07-27-2022, 11:03 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah. Listen I post about all sorts of neighborhoods, unfortunately most of the shootings and such happen in low income areas. I don't get to pick where they occur. I recently posted about a neo nazi rally in Jamaica Plain. That sound like an impoverished hell hole to you? And I can guarantee you that my zip code is more desirable than yours ($$$ wise anyway), doesn't make me a better or worse person than you though. Not sure where that came out of.

OK. I'll play. I live in the purple part of South Dartmouth around Padanaram Harbor. In this graphic, that's 1% median household income. The website is bestneighborhood.DOT.org, a competitor. Dartmouth is probably the most socioeconomically mixed town in Massachusetts.

Your turn.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island