Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2022, 09:57 PM

4,393 posts, read 3,195,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Maybe perhaps start worrying about the topic, as opposed to where you think everybody lives? Food for thought...
LOL, pot, kettle. You might want to re-read your posts. I think you'll be astonished at how much time you spend speculating where you THINK people live!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2022, 01:35 PM

3,791 posts, read 2,696,474 times
Quote:
Look maybe you should start a new thread for reviewing local businesses. This discussion here is about neighborhood safety, and I find it incredibly irresponsible that you are promoting such a dangerous area of the city for tourism.

And do what suits you, but that bike path is NOT a safe place to be at any hour of the day. Shame on you for downplaying the activity that goes on along there. It's truly despicable.
Spare us the unearned sanctimonious attitude. You don't know what you are talking about.

Shame on you for exaggerating the danger in our city.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:11 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
Spare us the unearned sanctimonious attitude. You don't know what you are talking about.

Shame on you for exaggerating the danger in our city.

Calm down there. I'm only here to provide a (commonly lacking here) fair and objective picture on personal safety risk in the city. I've always been clear that Providence is a mixed bag. Its violent crime rate is lowish average for a big city, but that does not escape the fact that there are some seriously troubled neighborhoods within its boundaries that should be considered no go zones to those who don't have business being there. The majority of Olneyville is one of those.

Old 08-18-2022, 08:35 PM

3,791 posts, read 2,696,474 times
Quote:
Calm down there. I'm only here to provide a (commonly lacking here) fair and objective picture on personal safety risk in the city. I've always been clear that Providence is a mixed bag. Its violent crime rate is lowish average for a big city, but that does not escape the fact that there are some seriously troubled neighborhoods within its boundaries that should be considered no go zones to those who don't have business being there. The majority of Olneyville is one of those.

Another swing, another miss. You've got a long way to go to climb above .000.

Old 08-19-2022, 12:22 AM

4,393 posts, read 3,195,009 times
Quote:
but that does not escape the fact that there are some seriously troubled neighborhoods within its boundaries that should be considered no go zones to those who don't have business being there. The majority of Olneyville is one of those.
Good thing there are plenty of places in Olneyville where people have business being there. Like conducting business with NY System, La Lupita, Fete, Troop, Riff Raff, Mind2Body, Justine's, RI Hot Yoga, Ormari's croissant place (never heard of that one), etc etc

It's sad that you would prefer to see people desert Olneyville and it's businesses, leaving it a barren wasteland. Empty streets and no jobs will not make a neighborhood safer!

Old 08-19-2022, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Good thing there are plenty of places in Olneyville where people have business being there. Like conducting business with NY System, La Lupita, Fete, Troop, Riff Raff, Mind2Body, Justine's, RI Hot Yoga, Ormari's croissant place (never heard of that one), etc etc

It's sad that you would prefer to see people desert Olneyville and it's businesses, leaving it a barren wasteland. Empty streets and no jobs will not make a neighborhood safer!

Not saying that, I'm saying to exercise due caution and not go too far into the "neighborhoods". And I would definitely stay off that bike path.

Old 08-19-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
Another swing, another miss. You've got a long way to go to climb above .000.

The only way I'll hire you as a referee, is if it's something mundane like a croissant eating contest. Otherwise, you can keep doing you job as the towel boy.

Old 08-19-2022, 08:21 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
Not saying that, I'm saying to exercise due caution and not go too far into the "neighborhoods". And I would definitely stay off that bike path.
What "neighborhoods" are you referring to? Are there any which aren't minority majority??? I didn't think so. You're too obvious. And, then you pretend to wonder why you're labeled.

Old 08-19-2022, 09:09 AM

4,231 posts, read 1,674,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
What "neighborhoods" are you referring to? Are there any which aren't minority majority??? I didn't think so. You're too obvious. And, then you pretend to wonder why you're labeled.
The most dangerous neighborhoods in Providence, as well as Boston, are predominately Black majority. Make of it what you will.

Old 08-19-2022, 09:30 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,698,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
The most dangerous neighborhoods in Providence, as well as Boston, are predominately Black majority. Make of it what you will.
There are very few Providence neighborhoods which are "Black majority". Perhaps only Upper & Lower South Providence. Formerly, African American neighborhoods are now mostly Latino Majority. Dominican & Central American. Most of the neighborhoods he crime trashes are Latino Majority, not black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island