Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2022, 07:06 PM

23,519 posts, read 18,678,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
A crime uptick during the summer, I'm shocked! That's never ever happened!

Also rather shocked about how much tissue must be wasted making this threat by the kk. Ew.

Sandsonik, I have to check out Iggys. I was just over Oakland Beach with a friend who is looking at a house over there. Seems nice enough.

We are discussing year over year trends here, sparky.

But glad you were impressed with Oakland Beach. I would however, downgrade your choice of alcohol when over there (telling you as a friend).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
Miscellaneous incoherent babble^^^ edited for clarity.

Dear reader,

The Providence Police Deparment has crime statistics you can reference. Most violent crime categories are down compared with five year averages. A couple display low single digit increases, but in such a small dataset, the change can be considered negligible if not zero.

This poster has an unhealthy obsession with crime in Providence. Providence, like most of New England, has a low crime rate as compared with other US cities.

Do your own research, and don't rely on some internet crank.

-o

Here's the most recent PPD data. All violent crime categories are either a decrease vs. the five year average, or a (1-2%) very slight increase.

https://www.providenceri.gov/wp-cont...L-02220724.pdf

Dude, serious violent crime shows an uptick over last year (just as I said). Aggravated Assault (the shootings, stabbings, etc.). Robbery, if you want to include that. It doesn't track Shots Fired calls, although I'm pretty sure those are up as well.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
I do beg your pardon, my liege. However, "pandemic induced" was deliberately rather vague and I'm afraid you've misinterpreted it badly for someone who purports to be a triple niner. We had an event where the natural rights of individuals were stripped by an authoritarian deep state, whether justifiably or not. People were deprived of their ability to earn a living, among other injustices. When the government switches from a slowly boiling frog approach to throwing the frog directly into hot water, frogs are bound to jump wildly.

But a climate of lawlessness does seem to be fostered by your stated political party. So what have you done about it?

"Authoritarian deep state". And I'm the one who needs help...LOL.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:16 PM

3,754 posts, read 2,689,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Dude, serious violent crime shows an uptick over last year (just as I said). Aggravated Assault (the shootings, stabbings, etc.). Robbery, if you want to include that. It doesn't track Shots Fired calls, although I'm pretty sure those are up as well.
^^^ you see, dear reader, if you link through to the Providence Police Department data, they measure a 24% decrease in overall violent crime year over year. But this poster would desperately have you believe otherwise.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
"Authoritarian deep state". And I'm the one who needs help...LOL.

I don't think you need help. I don't think anything can save you. And not worth any effort.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:22 PM

Quote:
^^^ you see, dear reader, if you link through to the Providence Police Department data, they measure a 24% decrease in overall violent crime year over year. But this poster would desperately have you believe otherwise.

How many times do I need to tell you that I DO NOT CARE about the petty stuff (the stuff that goes severely under reported anyway), and there is no reliable measure of. That is why I created my own crime map, being unsatisfied with the one PPD puts out that lumps everything together. It's about the shootings. The stabbings. The carjackings...that is the stuff that MATTERS to most, and is far harder to disregard.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:28 PM

Quote:
How many times do I need to tell you that I DO NOT CARE about the petty stuff (the stuff that goes severely under reported anyway), and there is no reliable measure of. That is why I created my own crime map, being unsatisfied with the one PPD puts out that lumps everything together. It's about the shootings. The stabbings. The carjackings...that is the stuff that MATTERS to most, and is far harder to disregard.

You see, dear reader, that this poster disregards the reports of the Providence Police. No, you must not pay attention to those! Pay attention to the raving lunacy of some internet crank! His opinion matters! Not the data from the police!

Old 07-25-2022, 07:28 PM

4,215 posts, read 1,668,475 times
Quote:
I do beg your pardon, my liege. However, "pandemic induced" was deliberately rather vague and I'm afraid you've misinterpreted it badly for someone who purports to be a triple niner. We had an event where the natural rights of individuals were stripped by an authoritarian deep state, whether justifiably or not. People were deprived of their ability to earn a living, among other injustices. When the government switches from a slowly boiling frog approach to throwing the frog directly into hot water, frogs are bound to jump wildly.

But a climate of lawlessness does seem to be fostered by your stated political party. So what have you done about it?
We're simply not going to find agreement on the former. We'll have to be satisfied with our differing opinions. The latter? These Progressive nuts are NOT going to take my party away. They're completely out of touch with mainstream voters and we'll be sending them this very message. Special delivery.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:32 PM

Quote:
You see, dear reader, that this poster disregards the reports of the Providence Police. No, you must not pay attention to those! Pay attention to the raving lunacy of some internet crank! His opinion matters! Not the data from the police!

Never said that, genius. I've already fully disclosed that my maps are based off of the Providence police log, and nothing else. Ugh...

Old 07-25-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Never said that, genius. I've already fully disclosed that my maps are based off of the Providence police log, and nothing else. Ugh...

Doesn't matter what you say, because what you say is varifiably false. As I have just shown...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island