Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2024, 02:13 PM

4,426 posts, read 3,208,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I feel the same way anytime they bring up Long Live Beerworks when there's a crime in the vicinity, as they've been doing it for years because they know several posters go there and they consider it a "no-go zone" as well. LLBW has been in that location for 5 years and counting and it has thrived (They opened a second location in Boston last year). Each year that goes by and LLBW thrives in that space the reference gets funnier and funnier. It's yet another reminder how out of touch with reality the crime posters truly are.
The funny part is they'll post the map and say "This is close to ALL CAPS LONG LIVE BEERWORKS! BE SKEERT!" But the map will show 6 closer businesses to the crime location if they were really interested in illustrating the location.

Old 04-25-2024, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
I still haven't made it to the Narragansett tasting room, all
my buddies remark how much they love it there
That place does a tremendous business. I don't go often but anytime I have, it's packed.

Old 04-25-2024, 02:27 PM

12,907 posts, read 22,068,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
I still haven't made it to the Narragansett tasting room, all
my buddies remark how much they love it there
It's pretty fantastic. Like sandsonik said, it seems like it's always packed. I wasn't initially too excited about 'Gansett, but the taproom is really nice (the deck is great) and the beer is really good and there's a lot more than just the classic lager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
The funny part is they'll post the map and say "This is close to ALL CAPS LONG LIVE BEERWORKS! BE SKEERT!" But the map will show 6 closer businesses to the crime location if they were really interested in illustrating the location.
Yeah, that's a fun part of the schtick too. Sooooo informative, helpful, and sincere [/s]

Old 04-25-2024, 02:55 PM

5,243 posts, read 6,167,545 times
I will have to make it a priority to try it out. That’s the problem with Rhode Island, too many great mom and pop places to eat and drink.

The only tap room I have been to a few times is LineSider Brewing in East Greenwich.

Looks like Long Live has some great revues, there’s usually food trucks there also?

Old 04-25-2024, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
It's pretty fantastic. Like sandsonik said, it seems like it's always packed. I wasn't initially too excited about 'Gansett, but the taproom is really nice (the deck is great) and the beer is really good and there's a lot more than just the classic lager.

[/s]
Oddly enough, they don't serve their classic lager at all! It's still being contract brewed in NY at a larger Brewery.

It seems absurd that you can get it anywhere in the state - except Narragansett's taproom. They say the brewery license only allows them to sell beer brewed on premises - but other breweries sometimes have guest taps so there must be a way. Oh well, the Bohemian Pils is better anyway, but you know there must be all these tourists from the hotel next door who think they had the classic "Hi Neighbor, Crush it like Quint" lager

Old 04-25-2024, 03:27 PM

3,845 posts, read 2,710,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
Oddly enough, they don't serve their classic lager at all! It's still being contract brewed in NY at a larger Brewery.

It seems absurd that you can get it anywhere in the state - except Narragansett's taproom. They say the brewery license only allows them to sell beer brewed on premises - but other breweries sometimes have guest taps so there must be a way. Oh well, the Bohemian Pils is better anyway, but you know there must be all these tourists from the hotel next door who think they had the classic "Hi Neighbor, Crush it like Quint" lager
I’ve gone to Narragansett’s taproom twice; I’m a fan of Narragansett’s Bavarian Pilsner and their Bohemian Pils. I like the Fest too.

I have been to LongLive a bit more- but it has been a while. It’s a sweet little spot. They have some beers that I really like. However they’re really IPA/DIPA heavy in their offerings. I’ve moved away from IPAs (and Double IPAs!)—just too much alcohol. I need to get over their and try the dunkel.

Old 04-25-2024, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
I’ve gone to Narragansett’s taproom twice; I’m a fan of Narragansett’s Bavarian Pilsner and their Bohemian Pils. I like the Fest too.

I have been to LongLive a bit more- but it has been a while. It’s a sweet little spot. They have some beers that I really like. However they’re really IPA/DIPA heavy in their offerings. I’ve moved away from IPAs (and Double IPAs!)—just too much alcohol. I need to get over their and try the dunkel.
“get over there”...

Any other favorite RI breweries?

Old 04-25-2024, 05:56 PM

23,673 posts, read 18,782,718 times
Moderator we might as well rename this the RI brewery thread.

Old 04-25-2024, 06:30 PM

10,756 posts, read 23,852,544 times
Is there actually a moderator for the Rhode Island forum?

Old 04-25-2024, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Moderator we might as well rename this the RI brewery thread.
Nah, there are probably other threads on that subject. But I do agree that this thread is a dud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island