Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2024, 03:44 PM

17,807 posts, read 9,247,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
You are unfortunately not in a position to discuss "credibility".
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
I do know more about Rhode Island than you do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vk2DdC5UdA

Old 04-16-2024, 04:07 PM

5,243 posts, read 6,167,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
So childish and juvenile, no wonder you are both losing credibility. All because you can’t admit that while towns and city’s in Rhode can have questionable areas at the same time they can easily have safe and nice areas also.

Old 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM

4,426 posts, read 3,208,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Saying a city is trashy is not a claim that are zero decent sections. An example of how posts get manipulated and taken out of context here, either deliberately or as a result of very bad reading comprehension.

Let's put it this way. Stop a random 10 people anywhere in RI and ask them the top five trashiest towns, 100% of them will probably include Woonsocket and West Warwick. Ask another random ten people what the top five most affordable towns are, they will probably include those two places as well. It's safe to say that in a thread about affordability, comments suggesting those two communities are made in good faith. It's also fair to say that in a thread about desirability or people looking for "good" places to live, a mention of Woonsocket or WeWa is probably NOT made in good faith. The naming here of the "better" sides of these places, is clearly an attempt to sugarcoat their notoriety.
What makes those random 10 people right?

Have they ever walked down any street in those towns, spent any amount of time there?

Or have they just heard denigrating from people like you, and they repeat them.

I bet you've never spent any time in a West Warwick home, wouldn't know where to get your dog or your car fixed, where the grammar schools are, which is the French church, which apartments to avoid or where to go eat but you'll come here and claim to be some sort of expert.

Really, you've said stuff like that. Mind boggling.

You know that "good" isn't "perfect", right?

Old 04-16-2024, 04:40 PM

Posting this again (from a different thread):

Quote:
West Warwick, Woonsocket, and the Oakland Beach neighborhood in Warwick are all widely considered to be among the trashiest places in RI.
Quote:
^ This is a factual statement. Not sure why that's so hard to understand. But I'll point to this comment again:
Quote:
sandsonik, if I were to say "Barrington is widely considered to be among the wealthiest places in RI", that is a factual statement.

There are plenty of people in Barrington who are not wealthy, but that doesn't make the original statement not factual.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:05 PM

10,035 posts, read 15,693,219 times
Quote:
So childish and juvenile, no wonder you are both losing credibility. All because you can’t admit that while towns and city’s in Rhode can have questionable areas at the same time they can easily have safe and nice areas also.
Except people want to live in areas where the town is decent with maybe one questionable neighborhood. In Woonsocket, you have a couple of nice areas and the rest of it is questionable.

Old 04-16-2024, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Except people want to live in areas where the town is decent with maybe one questionable neighborhood. In Woonsocket, you have a couple of nice areas and the rest of it is questionable.
I understand that, it has a long way to go from the heavy vibrant French Canadian community it once was.. It is a slow process but things are really getting better, but there are obstacles to overcome. I would not hesitate to live in the Diamond Hill area right now.

https://blog.kurby.ai/the-10-best-ne...-rhode-island/

Old 04-16-2024, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I understand that, it has a long way to go from the heavy vibrant French Canadian community it once was.. It is a slow process but things are really getting better, but there are obstacles to overcome. I would not hesitate to live in the Diamond Hill area right now.
Really? And you'd know this how?

FYI, the people who move to Woonsocket are typically the people who have been priced out of the bad areas in Providence. It's often a last resort for those who are on the verge of becoming homeless.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Really? And you'd know this how?

FYI, the people who move to Woonsocket are typically the people who have been priced out of the bad areas in Providence. It's often a last resort for those who are on the verge of becoming homeless.
You seem to go from town to town continuing to spread inaccuracies about each which in turn hurts those that come to the Rhode Island forum looking for honest information.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:08 PM

10,035 posts, read 15,693,219 times
Quote:

https://blog.kurby.ai/the-10-best-ne...-rhode-island/
But that's a real estate agent's blog. The unscrupulous ones will say anything to sell houses.

Old 04-16-2024, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
But that's a real estate agent's blog. The unscrupulous ones will say anything to sell houses.
All I can say is take a ride through some of these areas mentioned before passing judgement. We also have posters using You Tube bloggers and Google Street views showing those less fortunate economically to trash entire cities and towns that is a bit unscrupulous also don’t you think?

The information below is based on statistical data. I don’t think homeless and drug dealers are moving into Woonsocket do you?

Woonsocket, RI housing market
In March 2024, the median listing home price in Woonsocket, RI was $350K, trending up 12.9% year-over-year. The median listing home price per square foot was $205. The median home sold price was $280K. Woonsocket is not going to transform overnight but it currently has some great neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island