U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2008, 09:44 PM

3 posts, read 8,905 times

Advertisements

Thanks in advance for your help... We are moving from CT to RI soon and have pretty much settled on Westerly, South Kingstown and North Kingstown. I'm looking to see which town is the best as far as things for families, neighborhoods with lots of kids, housing and taxes most affordable but nice, activites, library programs, etc... Also - we can't decide which school we like better, St Pius in Westerly or Mgsr Clarke in Wakefield. Any help or info you can think of on these towns would be appreciated!
THANKS!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,906 times
Hello,

I am from South Kingstown. I don't know what your mean by "affordable," but I can tell you that "SK" is fairly pricey for housing. I love my town and there are many great neighborhoods in the area as well as a fantstic bike path and other recreational activities. My father and siblings attended Msgr. Clark. It is a wonderful school! Best wishes on your decision making. Any questions feel free to ask.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:21 PM

57 posts, read 319,445 times
The prices in SK seem to be dropping fairly quickly (at least in comparison to Narragansett) We looked at four different homes in the 400K + range three weeks ago and they are all now listed in the 300s. A lot of the people in my mom's group love living there (and they all have families obviously) The taxes are high IMO but that is probably because we are spoiled in Narr. I also know a lot of people who are very happy with Msgr Clark. Westerly is pretty 'out there' in terms of RI but I am sure the houses are cheaper.
All the libraries around here have EXCELLENT programs for families and if you live in SK you would actually only be a quick trip to SK, NK, Narr, Willett, and Jamestown libraries. (I don't know anything about the charlestown library but you would be close to there too)
What kind of living are you looking for? Walk to town? Walk to beach? Family neighborhoods with cul de sacs and big lots? Rural acreage farmland? $$$$? You can get any of those in SK but we could tell you where to look if we had more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island