Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2008, 02:44 PM

160 posts, read 775,125 times

Advertisements

So I am going to be in need of infant daycare in most likely Jan 09. I am really interested in a home run child care center, and not a large day care. I have gone onto the states website, and have found a ton of name listed... but there is no other information about the person besides that. A few do have phone numbers, but I wanted to reach out incase anyone had any family or friends who ran a home daycare for infants in the N. Providence, Johnston, Warwick, Smithfield, area.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 11:59 AM

6 posts, read 42,923 times
I ran a child care in Middletown, RI before moving here (Chesapeake, VA). My suggestion to find out about a home care is to call the state licensing board. They will give you other information about the person who is doing the care. I am sure you want someone who is qualified to watch you child.
I also suggest finding a few people who work in your budget, etc and meet them and then speak to others who have used them. Also check with the "large child cares" they may have a list of homecare providers that they can recommend. I always had one handy because of our waiting list.
Good Luck!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:39 PM

3 posts, read 17,101 times
I think home daycare are becoming increasingly popular with many great reasons. I am about to turn 23 and am currently working with my mom in Warwick, RI providing child care. I spent 6 years working in a daycare center while a student at CCRI studying special education but have since left (almost 2 years ago) when asked by a few families to care for their children in my home. The kids are 3,3,2, and 4 months. I am not sure of the going rate for home daycare but I know I charge $225 a week and that includes everything your child could need except formula,diapers, and wipes.
My personal opinion is that daycares are over run and the children do not get enough needed attention. In a home daycare they get all the care and love they need and get to enjoy so much more. We love field trips to the zoo, apple picking, pumpkin picking, library and much more.
I'd advise you to look into home daycare strongly for your little bundle!

Old 09-02-2008, 04:12 PM

3 posts, read 17,101 times
btw I think home daycare tend to be a bit easier on pricing. I have one family who can't afford the $225 a week so they pay $180 a week. So don't be afraid to bargin a bit with price if need be!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:28 AM

160 posts, read 775,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees2822 View Post
I think home daycare are becoming increasingly popular with many great reasons. I am about to turn 23 and am currently working with my mom in Warwick, RI providing child care. I spent 6 years working in a daycare center while a student at CCRI studying special education but have since left (almost 2 years ago) when asked by a few families to care for their children in my home. The kids are 3,3,2, and 4 months. I am not sure of the going rate for home daycare but I know I charge $225 a week and that includes everything your child could need except formula,diapers, and wipes.
My personal opinion is that daycares are over run and the children do not get enough needed attention. In a home daycare they get all the care and love they need and get to enjoy so much more. We love field trips to the zoo, apple picking, pumpkin picking, library and much more.
I'd advise you to look into home daycare strongly for your little bundle!

Thats good to know- thank you. I've been looking for home care, but its hard to come across and find information- other than the state site. Do you have any reccomendations, or are you able to tell me where you are? lol. Are you taking infants?? Feel free to email me at arboulais@gmail.com

Thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 6,684 times
Thanks for the information. We are looking for home daycare for our infant son. Are you taking infants for May 2009? Contact me at [email]nellie244@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 04-01-2009, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 6,606 times
It really depends on the daycare center, because some are much better than home daycares because they have more amenities. At the center I take my child too he gets violin and piano lessons and the staff is awesome. At the home daycare he used to go to his caregiver seemed to be always chatting on her cell phone (and that was while I was there, so who knows how she was when no one was watching). I like centers because there are often higher standards for staff. At an in-home daycare, the caregiver could treat your child pretty much however they wanted and no one would know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island