U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 05:38 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,273,355 times

Advertisements

(crossed posted in MASS forum as well)

If any of you happen to know of anyone offer rentals in the 20-25, maybe even 30min drive from Fall River, could you help get information for me? I have checked Craigslist and a lot of the ads are coming up bogus or they want ALL of my personal info (not just basic ) before even allowing me to see the place or even meeting the person renting it at least so that makes me leery.

Have checked all the rental sites like apartments.com, forrent.com, rent.com, apartmentguide.com, apartmentfinder.com, and they all just have the same few apartment complexes.

Looking for other options besides apartment complexes that are on just on those sites- even homes/condos/townhouses.

We are coming to the area next Friday and will be there until early Monday and would like to look at a variety of places in a variety of locations.

So, please, if you know of anyone- or have seen an ad somewhere around, let me know. I have tried looking online for local ads in news papers but doesnt seem to be the surrounding towns are keeping up with online ads maybe as I couldn't find much

Thank you so much for your help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 05:50 PM

8,693 posts, read 13,716,354 times
Can you tell us your criteria and price range?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:13 PM

MUSTS:

2br min., 3 would be a plus, 1 bath
1200sq. feet min
washer/dryer hook ups
Safe neighborhood

Would like:

Garage but dedicated parking good- have two cars
Yard space for son to play or a playground area if apartment complex
Nothing above 2nd level (with exception that place would be too hard to pass up and had elevator)
Would like somewhere that is close to good preschools and not too far away from a college or satellite campus
Good counter space in kitchen (current place literally has about 2 feet of prep area and that just isnt enough

Would like updated cabinetry, doesn't have to be overly fancy, but nothing that looks like hasnt been updated in last 10 years if you know what I mean

Rent varies as depends on what if any utilities are included and if lawn/snow care is provided. Also, will need to factor in any amenities offered as well, but for idea, up to 1800K/mth- maybe a bit higher if all utilities are included, lawn/snow, and just has too many good extras to pass up.

I know we will need to compromise on certain things as each place we see will only meet certain criteria

Old 05-20-2010, 09:26 PM

8,569 posts, read 17,319,398 times
Have you checked the local newspapers? You can do that online mostly.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 PM

I have tried finding some local papers online and looking at classifieds, but I must be looking at wrong papers because I am hardly finding anything

Old 05-21-2010, 10:24 AM

1,540 posts, read 2,860,069 times
try looking at the Sunday editions of the local daily newspapers. Also, check out the weekly newspapers as the dailies have really taken a dive in classifieds lately. Barrington Times and other associated papers could give you a better perspective of housing availability. Bristol and Warren have associated weekly's. Houses for rent may be the better choice. BTW, the commute from Warwick would be longer than 30 minutes, especially during normal commute times.

Good luck

Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 AM

8,693 posts, read 13,716,354 times
Try this Eastbayclassifieds.com

East Bay adQ online classifieds (http://east.adqic.com/index.adq?nwf=finder - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island