Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 10:01 AM

1,799 posts, read 6,323,155 times

Advertisements

Just saying Cap One/West Creek is in Goochland, not Henrico or Glen Allen. I'm not insulting anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 11:17 AM

894 posts, read 2,318,631 times
I don't live in Richmond, but everytime I have gone I haven't encountered any idiot drivers except for a woman with PA plates on Broad St. Oh, and a GRTC bus nearly sideswiped me. But I hate public transit drivers everywhere. They have this mentality that because they're in a big vehicle they can do whatever they want regardless of traffic around them. Harmonizing with a previous poster, I also live around Charlottesville, and boy. The level of incompetence there is incredible.

I feel in general, with each succeding generation of drivers, the ability to drive effectively has gone downhill drastically. Not just in VA, but for the entire country too.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:49 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,797,525 times
Quote:
I also live around Charlottesville, and boy. The level of incompetence there is incredible.
This is not true of true Charlottesville residents. What do expect driving to be like with having UVA drivers all over the place for 10 months and then get replaced by the 1000's of summer visitors.

As I've said before. Most of the infrastructure of the area was not updated to handle the influx of so many people. It wanted to keep its rural charm. Just look at all the mistakes made to centralize businesses on 29. Its just a bad mix of too many drivers from to many different schools of thought on driving. And when they widened it, it just became worse.

Quote:
I feel in general, with each succeding generation of drivers, the ability to drive effectively has gone downhill drastically.
True. True. The driving etiquette has become ruder and ruder year after year. Once the cell phone became an integral part of driving and the car became a mini-home it all went downhill from there.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:16 PM

283 posts, read 653,680 times
Most of the drivers I encounter in the Richmond area are courteous and considerate. You should try driving in NYC or Northern Virginia and see what real craziness is. Yes there are some very aggressive, inconsiderate nasty people out on our roads. I think you will find some of those everywhere. They use to drive me crazy but as I have aged I just ignore them. I try real hard not to tail gate and I drive defensively. When I am cut off or someone does something stupid, I take a deep breath and try to forget about it. Much much better for the blood pressure that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond