Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 08:21 AM

74 posts, read 78,963 times

Advertisements

I am outraged that this is the second time another person in our state was killed by an illegal alien driving a car. This latest incident is particularly disturbing since it involves someone from my own County (Hanover)
How long are we going to keep taking it from those who deliberately break the law and nothing is really being done about it at any level of government?

It seems some of these situations could have been preventedchecking[/color][/color] the driver's license for those stopped for minor traffic violations. From what I understand this last individual did not have a license when driving on a few other occassions when caught.

It is time for the people to stand up and say enough is enough. That latest victim killed is only a small part of the 25 AMERICANS KILLED EVERYDAY BY ILLEGALS EITHER THROUGH TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS OR ACTS OF VIOLENCE!
One step people can take is going to NumbersUSA website and sign up to send [COLOR=#739912 !important][COLOR=#739912 !important]faxes[/color][/color] and make phone calls, both of which are free. This group of people have helped defeat every amnesty bill coming before Congress for the last several years.

This issue is far more important than the war over in Afghanistan or Iraq. This is a massive invasion of our country, state and locality and needs to be finally dealt with, even it means sending our military to the border.
Please people don't just gripe and feel nothing can be done. IT CAN BE DONE AND HAS BEEN DONE. START PICKING UP YOUR PHONE AND PUT PRESSURE ON THE CONGRESS, OUR STATE LEGISLATORS AND COUNTY OFFICIALS TO STOP ANY FORM OF AMNESTY AND START ENFORCING CURRENT IMMIGRATION LAWS.

I have already done my part, can you do yours?

Last edited by Editorialist; 12-02-2010 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: words appeared not in Original Version
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 02:33 PM

631 posts, read 1,294,328 times
They were drunk? Sounds like the problem more had to do with alcohol than with them being from a different country (although I have seen people in other countries and they can NOT drive)

Foreigners want to come here for a reason (although recently it seems our country has been getting outsourced), we just need more cooperation.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:20 PM

23 posts, read 69,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
They were drunk? Sounds like the problem more had to do with alcohol than with them being from a different country (although I have seen people in other countries and they can NOT drive)

Foreigners want to come here for a reason (although recently it seems our country has been getting outsourced), we just need more cooperation.

Yet it's an undeniable fact that if he wasn't in this country illegally, that boy would still be alive.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,700,767 times
The first "illegal" was brought to this country by his parents when he was a boy.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:12 AM

894 posts, read 2,323,957 times
I'm all for legal immigration and obeying laws. But this fellow could just as easily immigrated legally and still killed someone with a DWI. Something does need to be done about illegal immigration, but this argument is kind of weak. It makes it sound as if all illegals go out and get drunk and kill while driving. This is a unfortunate situation no doubt. I just feel that there are better arguments against illegal immigration other than things that could have been done just as easily by a full blooded american.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:48 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,873,004 times
Quote:
I am outraged that this is the second time another person in our state was killed by an illegal alien driving a car.
I am outraged that this is the 241st time another person in our state was killed by an legal resident of the U.S. driving a car. So what do expect with these people??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond